GDT: Pens @ Wings || 2pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'd say they need to be at least a 500 team the rest of the way for a playoff spot.

They need 4/5 out of a possible 9 games for a final result of 96/98 points.

I'd rather they get a 4/5 game win streak and have it over with. Start today.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
The last early game. :(

Need a win here, could be squeaky bum time if we lose and others around us win

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Im gonna spend the entire game being angry about the fact that Lovejoy will play and Pouliot sit this one.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
Injuries are starting to piss me off again. I suppose BB will be taking Bonino's roster spot and Fehr will be 2nd-C. It is quite amazing, over the years, how decimated Pens teams have managed to stay in the race. Hatty for Kunitz!

PennDanzig

R.I.P. PIMP C
Mar 1, 2016
Playing the wings at Joe Louis makes me a little nervous. Hopefully they have a good start.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Interesting to see if they play Murray today or tomorrow. I think MAF has been a bit shaky as of late. Would like to see Murray in a big position.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
It seems pretty obvious to try Dumo with Letang today, but from everything I've read he's going to inappropriately cram Daley up there. Letang needs a stable, defensive defense. We don't have any of those, but Dumo's the closest thing. Oh well, as long as they don't play Cole on his offside and out of his skill range then get mad when he's bad but continue playing him there for several weeks....

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Im gonna spend the entire game being angry about the fact that Lovejoy will play and Pouliot sit this one.

I'm more upset that he's not playing in WBS. Yes, he should play over Lovejoy, but I have no idea what mental malfunction makes them leave a young, talented, wavier-exempt player in the pressbox. The kids needs to keep playing and should not be 8th (oh boy, now 7th) on the depth chart.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
If I'm Pouliot I ask for a trade in the off-season if they re-sign Lovejoy or move no-one.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012

It was nice knowing you Poo. **** this team and their obsession with veterans.

Hopefully this means the injury isnt serious. With this team he could be out for the rest of the year though.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Lovejoy over Pouliot is so damn stupid..

I dont care if he PKs. Hes not good at it Anyway.
If thats the deciding factor i can sign for a few 100k and swim te crease Scuderi style.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
If I'm Pouliot I ask for a trade in the off-season if they re-sign Lovejoy or move no-one.

They have to move some players around. It's a horribly unbalanced group.

Offensive Defenseman

• Letang
  • Daley
  • Schultz
  • Pouliot

Defensive Defenseman

• Uh, I guess Cole?

Mix

• Maatta
  • Dumoulin

There's so many more bad parings in there than good ones. When one (or both) of Maatta and Dumoulin are out, the options get ugly, fast.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I usually have issues with how the Pens handle their young guys, but I'm completely fine with them playing Pouliot over Lovejoy. Considering we lost Maatta, it makes more sense to put Lovejoy in the lineup than Pouliot. If Schultz, Daley or Letang get hurt, Pouliot should be in with absolutely no questions asked. However, seeing how all 3 of those guys are healthy, I don't at all see a need for Pouliot in the lineup. At least Lovejoy brings some PKing ability, which is a positive contribution and a need for us.

You can't play Pouliot with Schultz (or IMO justify breaking up Cole-Schultz), so Pouliot can't go on the bottom pair. Pouliot would get roasted in a top pair role along Letang. So the only option for him is 2nd pair RD, which he's not good enough to play yet and also isn't his natural position. Pouliot wouldn't crack either PP unit and he doesn't have a spot he fits at ES, so I really don't see any sort of issue here. And I agree with the above, the Pens have a horribly unbalanced D group.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
The hyperbole is strong today, I see.

Do posters really want to see a Pouliot Letang pairing? Or a Pouliot Daley pairing? And on the road no less?

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I don't think the Pens match up against the Wings. If only they had Tyler Bozak to face their depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad