Post-Game Talk: |Pens win vs Jackets | Night at the Sidbury

Is Sid no longer awesome?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
People act like it’s easy to just get 60 or 70 pt players. Like teams just give them away like candy. Unless you playing 7 mill + in FA your gona be giving up another 1rst and poulin or poj

Again kap put up 53pts in 79 games. 45 at evs.
Ya he looks rough at times. But maybe this team should help him figure it out. If that’s his points playing bad imagine if he was playing good

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
People act like it’s easy to just get 60 or 70 pt players. Like teams just give them away like candy. Unless you playing 7 mill + in FA your gona be giving up another 1rst and poulin or poj

Again kap put up 53pts in 79 games. 45 at evs.
Ya he looks rough at times. But maybe this team should help him figure it out. If that’s his points playing bad imagine if he was playing good
Well we give up 1sts and prospects as good or better than anything we have now for 3rd liners so. :laugh:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Ya so why keep doing it. I don’t think Hextall is as dumb as JR
On one hand, I agree. Well, I pretty much entirely agree. On the other hand, this team doesn't have many shots left and their prospects aren't shit, and their 1sts are probably in the 22-25 range most likely--so not exactly top assets.

If you can go all out for someone like DeBrincat or Chychrun who help immediately and into the long-term, go for it. But guys teetering around 3rd liners who have one season of impressive production to their name should be off the radar.

Reactions: Anna Pinion

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I don’t really get why people are hard on Kapanen.

It was a JR trade and he traded a 1st for him. The hatred isn't Kapanen himself, it's people with low emotional intelligence that are unable to separate "the JR trade" and "Kapanen himself".

There are still people here who hate Matheson because JR traded Horny for him.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
On one hand, I agree. Well, I pretty much entirely agree. On the other hand, this team doesn't have many shots left and their prospects aren't shit, and their 1sts are probably in the 22-25 range most likely--so not exactly top assets.

If you can go all out for someone like DeBrincat or Chychrun who help immediately and into the long-term, go for it. But guys teetering around 3rd liners who have one season of impressive production to their name should be off the radar.

Oo for sure by all means yes. I just don’t know if they have the assets to pull off a bigger name. People just seem like they want to dump kap or zucker to sign Erod. Like that does nothing unless your getting a debrincat. Erod is worse than both of those guys.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Oo for sure by all means yes. I just don’t know if they have the assets to pull off a bigger name. People just seem like they want to dump kap or zucker to sign Erod. Like that does nothing unless your getting a debrincat. Erod is worse than both of those guys.
Eh, E-Rod's career is worse than those guys, but he's very much outplaying and outproducing both of them this season. And he's more versatile in being able to play all forward positions.

Agree that our expendable assets probably don't even get us a call back on Chychrun or DeBrincat though. Can't assume the Coyotes or Hawks are gonna be gunning to land late 1sts and C-tier prospects. :laugh:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sure but who are you getting is the question

I'd be content with shipping Zucker out for zero assets. Kapanen could bring back a couple decent futures.

And we could use other assets like a 1st, POJ, and/or Poulin to upgrade. Nobody thinks we get a noteworthy upgrade by moving Zucker and Kapanen alone.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t really get why people are hard on Kapanen.
Being misused is his fault. Same for Zucker. Apparently them not finding a way to make things work when it's clear they need a change in the line up has always been the players fault, not the coach in this era.

Ignore the name, understand the situation: kind of like pesonen being on the 4th line and not making magic happen with scrubs while being a player that shouldn't be in that spot. History repeats itself when it comes to stubborn wankers.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I'd be content with shipping Zucker out for zero assets. Kapanen could bring back a couple decent futures.

And we could use other assets like a 1st, POJ, and/or Poulin to upgrade. Nobody thinks we get a noteworthy upgrade by moving Zucker and Kapanen alone.

I get that but people are saying move kap to make room for erod and thats nuts. Guy had 30 good games.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I get that but people are saying move kap to make room for erod and thats nuts. Guy had 30 good games.

How things progress the rest of the way will determine everything. Lots of time to go.

So far this year Rodrigues has been better than Kapanen, but Kapanen is younger and has a longer track record of production. Rodrigues will be a UFA but Kapanen still has trade value as an RFA. Rodrigues is more versatile than Kapanen and plays a more important position. Lots to consider.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
How things progress the rest of the way will determine everything. Lots of time to go.

So far this year Rodrigues has been better than Kapanen, but Kapanen is younger and has a longer track record of production. Rodrigues will be a UFA but Kapanen still has trade value as an RFA. Lots to consider.

I agree with the first part. I still think Kap passes erod in pts. His production has all but stop since Geno and rust came back. He lots his pp spot and first line spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad