Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

giphy.gif

NCPens

Jun 30, 2011
Bourque is ok but Rupp is so bland. Colby kinda sucks too
Bourque is good but the other two are terrible to listen to on the color side. Please leave them in the pre and post game shows! Bourque or Errey should be in the booth.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
The good:
Sid's line 17-12 shot attempt advantage, 79.16 xGF, 5-1 high danger chances, 2-0 goals advantage

Malkin's line 11-5 shot attempts, 73 xGF, 3-1 high danger chances, 2-0 goals

Not so good:
Eller line 6-9 shot attempts, 60.45 xGF, 2-2 high danger chances, 2-0 goals

The ugly:
Carter line 4-11 shot attempts, 45.16 xGF, 1-3 high danger chances, 0 goals
Even with the Isles playing badly then giving up, 77 and 43 still were ineffective. 55 was OK.

I don't take too much from tonight, except the Isles were really bad, like the Pens were against the Leafs.
Trevor Gilles in attendance.

Reactions: Andy99

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
We may have to start a GoFundMe program to incentivize you NOT to watch Pens games and to keep @Andy99 on an airplane when they play. There seems to be correlation. Will GoFundMe accept frequent flyer miles? If we have to do it on the cheap, maybe a partial season package including only Rangers/Isles/Caps/Flyers/Jerks/Bruins games? We can negotiate a separate package for the inevitable playoffs. What is your price? We can subsidize more family get-togethers as well, we aren't heartless.
:laugh: Tell you what, my family is here until the 6th, which offers a nice little test run of me ignoring those games but for the scoreboard, free of charge.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
:laugh: Tell you what, my family is here until the 6th, which offers a nice little test run of me ignoring those games but for the scoreboard, free of charge.
Thank you, you remain beyond generous and tolerant, but please, do not get eaten by a grizzly in the meantime, assuming you are still in the Park, that could throw all of this off. I camped in Yellowstone & didn't sleep a wink. There is a lot of significant hungry wildlife going on about and they make scary ass noises at night. Had zero confidence in my bear spray.

• Haha
Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I don't take too much from tonight, except the Isles were really bad, like the Pens were against the Leafs
There is nothing to take away about the team from any individual game in this league. They're like the most random team in the league.

Sometime they're good enough to handily beat the best teams in the league, and sometimes they're not good enough to beat teams like Chicago or Ottawa. Who tf knows what we'll get vs STL on Sat?

The Pens just need to be "on" for enough of the games to make the playoffs. Easiest way to approach it. Looking for patterns only leads to confusion and madness.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
True, and 05-06 was such a cluster defensively that he could have really racked up the points.

Remember that time period though where the league was coming out of the lockout and you still had a ton of hooking and holding going on. Lot's of Neanderthal hockey still present during that time

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Thank you, you remain beyond generous and tolerant, but please, do not get eaten by a grizzly in the meantime, assuming you are still in the Park, that could throw all of this off. I camped in Yellowstone & didn't sleep a wink. There is a lot of significant hungry wildlife going on about and they make scary ass noises at night. Had zero confidence in my bear spray.
Day trip to the park. I live close to the North Entrance, my parents are close to West. Both options are more open than usual because snow season is increasingly Jan/Feb to late April, and the more current likelihood of mauling is taking Ziggy hiking out of my parents' place 😂 The males don't hibernate til January, and my parents had tracks from two from the woods closest to their house, alllllll the way down their driveway last week 😬 My mom prefers to bring an airhorn with her, I sing my way through the bear-iest areas. Ziggy and I were out at dusk the other night, so so far, so good!

• Love
Reactions: CascadiaPenguin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad