Post-Game Talk: | Pens win | 2 -1 series lead | All you Negative Nancy's can suck it

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
I just don’t think #71 is playing winning hockey. His effort tonight was embarrassing imo.

Go buy a ticket and watch his positioning. This is the playoffs and it’s 2022.
Deleting your posts much? LOL

So do you have to be at the game to be a martyr? Apparently so...

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Geno is playing himself out of a contract for next season. He's still a 70-80 point player but he's not creating offense anymore but thinks he can still dangle around people.

we've been lucky so far but Domingue is not good. Sooner than later he will lose us a game. Shades of Jarry circa 2021 or Fleury 2010-2015.
We need Jarry back ASAP.

What happened to the PK? It was top 3 all season.
WHat happened to the PP? PP1 unit is awful.

Reactions: wgknestrick

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I mean, he scored the game winner in game one and made the play on the winning goal tonight. Yes he can be better but probably not without a full healthy offseason. He can play better but I don't know that we're going to get a lot more this playoffs. Letang refuses to pass to him on the PP and the one time shot is gone. PP1 is bad mostly because of Letang.
his line is random. they've performed above expectations

Geno is playing himself out of a contract for next season. He's still a 70-80 point player but he's not creating offense anymore but thinks he can still dangle around people.

we've been lucky so far but Domingue is not good. Sooner than later he will lose us a game. Shades of Jarry circa 2021 or Fleury 2010-2015.
We need Jarry back ASAP.

you people are weird!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

We need Jarry back ASAP.

PK won us the game tonight?

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Lol hes to busy chasing down all the pucks Letang is bobbling. You have to use the point on the PP but the pp literally falls apart everytime Letang touches the puck.

I would put Math out there on unit 1. Heck I would call up Riikola and put him on the PP over Letang. lol
It’s happened before in the playoffs. I think it was the Isles a few years ago that rendered him completely ineffective on the power play.

They pressured him from game 1 on and he crumbled. Almost every power play they had guys going the other way on him with numbers. He couldn’t get it through his thick skull that if he ran into trouble just try and get the puck down the wall. He would just keep trying to deke them at the line and it inevitably went the other way. It was frustrating to watch them, and it’s frustrating to watch now.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
While I have been disappointed with Malkin and am leaning towards moving on after this year, he's not the guy I'd argue is "playing out of a contract" for next year. Letang's the guy doing that more than Malkin.

Malkin really isn't doing much out there, which isn't nearly good enough but it's not disastrous. Letang's actively hurting the team.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah! Who needs 70-80point players anyway?
I love Geno, he's my favorite all time penguin. But he will demand a massive contract and is a turnover machine and a penalty machine when he's frustrated.
This was tolerated before because he was an elite player.
Now that he's "merely" an 80 point guy he can't play that way anymore.

To be fair he has awful linemates and still put up 42 pt in 41 games.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
While I have been disappointed with Malkin and am leaning towards moving on after this year, he's not the guy I'd argue is "playing out of a contract" for next year. Letang's the guy doing that more than Malkin.

Malkin really isn't doing much out there, which isn't nearly good enough but it's not disastrous. Letang's actively hurting the team.
Just replace Letang as PPQB and you are golden. He still stirs the drink at 5-on-5.

I realize easier said than done.

Reactions: Darren McCord

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017

He was behind the net defensively doing circles with the play in the slot at one point tonight.

That stuff can’t happen.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
It’s happened before in the playoffs. I think it was the Isles a few years ago that rendered him completely ineffective on the power play.

They pressured him from game 1 on and he crumbled. Almost every power play they had guys going the other way on him with numbers. He couldn’t get it through his thick skull that if he ran into trouble just try and get the puck down the wall. He would just keep trying to deke them at the line and it inevitably went the other way. It was frustrating to watch them, and it’s frustrating to watch now.

Letang is just not good on the PP. He never has been in his career. He is a rover type player. He would be better on the halfway with another QB up top. He cant hold the line and he doesnt really walk the line. If not for his speed, he would be even more of a disasters up there.

Gonchar was the last true PP QB we have had. Riikola and random other guys have looked better. Letang just doesnt play that spot well. it doesnt play to any of his strengths. He also never shoots. No-one ever considers him a threat.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
This series has been anything but boring
Giving me a rollercoaster of emotions thus far

I was 100% sure they were losing this when the Rangers tied the game 4-4.. Such an unpredictable game

The PK unit & some key saves by Domingue in the 3rd were the difference maker.

Huge win

Reactions: Extra Texture

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Just replace Letang as PPQB and you are golden. He still stirs the drink at 5-on-5.

I would sign Letang for 8 years if we took him off the pp and pk. He owns 5v5 and 3v3. His special teams though. woof. He is getting worse too.

Trade Marino and sign Letang and Klingberg to matching 7mil x 8 lol.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I love Geno, he's my favorite all time penguin. But he will demand a massive contract and is a turnover machine and a penalty machine when he's frustrated.
This was tolerated before because he was an elite player.
Now that he's "merely" an 80 point guy he can't play that way anymore.

To be fair he has awful linemates and still put up 42 pt in 41 games.
I'm glad we 'tolerated' a 3 Cup winning, 1,000 point, Hall of Fame player, and one of the greatest playoff performers in NHL history for so long.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I find it pretty funny that the Rangers set out to be tougher this season and picked up Blais, Goodrow, Reaves, Tinordi and none of them are playing or are playing only a few minutes lol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Letang isn't worth the money he'd get if he's not on your top PP unit and Letang would probably have a hissy fit if he was taken off the top unit. I'm also really unsure of how Letang will age, I'm concerned what he'd look like if he lost a step.

This is more of an off-season discussion though. Let's see how the playoffs play out and make a decision after that. If the team wins this round and either beats the Canes or is very competitive with them next round with Malkin and Letang playing well, I think that makes it easy to make a decision to keep them.

Reactions: Darren McCord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma