Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Yotes | Blowout win | Boyle: “Hey Sid, hold my beer and watch this!”

What was better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Notes from an expert:

Boyle is a great 5C to slot in as 4C with injury. Just shouldn't be asked to play wing.

McGinn gives me old Max Talbot vibes (can't be the only one?). He feels like a fit for Geno's LW come playoff time. Flashes of skill with some grit and moxy.

ZAR/Simon are as bland and meh as you can get..Simon being the worst and I cant get my head around him having such a cushy spot in the lineup. Get Big Z in the line up.

Sid/Geno/Letang: I don't care the cost Hextall. These three need to ride out their careers together. Anyone that wants to dump them to try and rebuild a better team can respectfully F off. All 3 have played elite hockey for so long, they deserve it all and I thank them for giving me years of joy as a fan. I want them as lifelong Pens with their numbers hung up together. Truly magnificent. End Rant.

Yes. Especially the last paragraph

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
its been awhile since I had this feeling if they don't score in first, eh no big deal, they will get there, almost like running the ball first half fo 3 yards a pop, 30 times until defense is exhausted and than come big plays...anyhow:
Letang and Dumo with finally great showing after few clunkers
GCR was dominant but still manage to be even, they do stretch defense and goalies, I felt rust would have big game...and Sid was pretty darn good
I thought Geno was OK effort is there, but that line just not meshing, they skate hard, they try hard but no flow, something is missing, Heinen just does not look like the guy that belongs there, but regardless they will have plenty of game to try to gel..
McGinn as usual is a baller, and ERod was decent
and Boyle I relly like the guy, he is great depth guy, slow like shit but he does have a pair of mitts..
ZAR>Jake:laugh:

Reactions: Andy99

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Gave up 3 goals on 16 shots, but you cannot blame Jarry on any of them. Two major mistakes behind the ES goals and a 3 on 5 kill is what it is.
As an aside, when you see that Simon is credited with zero giveaways in this game, you know how questionable that stat has to be considering the third Arizona goal.

But in general this was a strong performance where things just didn't break for us until late. Sign of being a good team that we came back three times before putting the hammer down.

Gotta love Boyle also. Hope some usual suspects choke on their bile tbh. Can't teach his size... he is factor when he is on the ice. Still has a scoring touch obviously and fills a role for the PK. Nice depth player to have.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
its been awhile since I had this feeling if they don't score in first, eh no big deal, they will get there, almost like running the ball first half fo 3 yards a pop, 30 times until defense is exhausted and than come big plays...anyhow:
Letang and Dumo with finally great showing after few clunkers
GCR was dominant but still manage to be even, they do stretch defense and goalies, I felt rust would have big game...and Sid was pretty darn good
I thought Geno was OK effort is there, but that line just not meshing, they skate hard, they try hard but no flow, something is missing, Heinen just does not look like the guy that belongs there, but regardless they will have plenty of game to try to gel..
McGinn as usual is a baller, and ERod was decent
and Boyle I relly like the guy, he is great depth guy, slow like shit but he does have a pair of mitts..
ZAR>Jake:laugh:

Second line should be McGinn-Geno-ERod

Reactions: wtbipyo

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Sid/Geno/Letang: I don't care the cost Hextall. These three need to ride out their careers together. Anyone that wants to dump them to try and rebuild a better team can respectfully F off. All 3 have played elite hockey for so long, they deserve it all and I thank them for giving me years of joy as a fan. I want them as lifelong Pens with their numbers hung up together. Truly magnificent. End Rant.
This is what it comes down to really. Like sure, we were sloppy tonight against a bad team, whatever. How could you watch those goals as a Pens fan and not be having the time of your life? Those guys are still our best chance to have fun watching hockey. This is what it's all about.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Sullivan proving the keyboard experts wrong.

Line #1 proving the keyboard experts wrong.

Boyle proving the keyboard experts wrong.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They used Matheson-Marino a lot post power play if the second unit didn't get out, which I like. Some aggressive blending.

Yeah I think they're double shifting Matheson some in the top-4 to give him extra minutes. Either that or Matheson keeps taking extended shifts and is on the ice with a lot of other partners :laugh:

His 5v5 ice time for today breaks down to:

Matheson total: 20:10 TOI, 66.93% xGF%
Matheson-Ruhwedel: 13:57 TOI, 56.05% xGF%
Dumoulin-Matheson: 2:34 TOI, 100% xGF%
Matheson-Letang: 1:10 TOI, 100% xGF%
Matheson-Marino: 1:40 TOI, 84.86% xGF%
Pettersson-Matheson: 0:49 TOI, 0.00 xGF%

That's about 30% of his shifts being with one of the top-4 D, which is how they should be using him right now. I would rather them just put him in the top-4 now and get it over with, though.

What I figure happens is that Matheson-Ruhwedel plays together exclusively for like half of the game, but then Sullivan starts double shifting Matheson and starts taking away shifts from Pettersson as the game goes on more and more.

Reactions: Peat

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
Gave up 3 goals on 16 shots, but you cannot blame Jarry on any of them. Two major mistakes behind the ES goals and a 3 on 5 kill is what it is.
As an aside, when you see that Simon is credited with zero giveaways in this game, you know how questionable that stat has to be considering the third Arizona goal.

But in general this was a strong performance where things just didn't break for us until late. Sign of being a good team that we came back three times before putting the hammer down.

Gotta love Boyle also. Hope some usual suspects choke on their bile tbh. Can't teach his size... he is factor when he is on the ice. Still has a scoring touch obviously and fills a role for the PK. Nice depth player to have.
And it's not like Sully is married to playing Boyle, either. Use him sparingly and keep him fresh which is totally fine.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Yeah I think they're double shifting Matheson some in the top-4 to give him extra minutes. Either that or Matheson keeps taking extended shifts and is on the ice with a lot of other partners :laugh:

His 5v5 ice time for today breaks down to:

Matheson total: 20:10 TOI, 66.93% xGF%
Matheson-Ruhwedel: 13:57 TOI, 56.05% xGF%
Dumoulin-Matheson: 2:34 TOI, 100% xGF%
Matheson-Letang: 1:10 TOI, 100% xGF%
Matheson-Marino: 1:40 TOI, 84.86% xGF%
Pettersson-Matheson: 0:49 TOI, 0.00 xGF%

That's about 30% of his shifts being with one of the top-4 D, which is how they should be using him right now. I would rather them just put him in the top-4 now and get it over with, though.

What I figure happens is that Matheson-Ruhwedel plays together exclusively for like half of the game, but then Sullivan starts double shifting Matheson and starts taking away shifts from Pettersson as the game goes on more and more.

It should not be at the detriment of Petts and Ruh's ice time though. Marino should be our least TOI defender. You know, the one with the worst +-, highest GA/60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad