Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Wings: You ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
tlA8g7C.gif

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
EK redeemed himself with that OT goal.

With that being said, I'm still substantially less thrilled about him on this team than I was when they acquired him.

Their playoff chances were hurt a bit by giving the Wings that extra point, but it's not anything too substantial. They're still the favorite for the WC2 spot at this point.
EK would be great on a well ran and structured high octane offensive team, like Colorado or Tampa even.

This team has a major flaw of being stupid defensively and dreadful offensively, the worst of both worlds for EK.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Well...at least we're pulling wins out of our asses after doing our best to throw them away. I don't have any more sweat for my palms.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
Karlsson had a rough game, but he's been our best defenseman by far this year.

It was a bad time to have a bad game, but I'll give him a pass given how good he's been.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I’m prepared for Sully to start this guy in a pivotal game vs Isles

tristan-jarry-jarry.gif
When this turnover was made not enough focus was given to the fact that he just crouched at the incoming shot in response lmao.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Karlsson had a rough game, but he's been our best defenseman by far this year.

It was a bad time to have a bad game, but I'll give him a pass given how good he's been.
This isn't just a one game thing with EK. He's been subpar after the first month.

And He hasn't been our best. Letang is right on his heels offensively despite clean up duty in the PP role, and he PKs.

Pettersson has been #1. So EK has been #3 at best.

Doctor Coffin

This may hurt a bit...
May 23, 2013
Detroit played tenaciously and had an edge in carrying the play, but that edge in play didn't translate directly to scoring chances - to wit, all of their goals were a result of of lapses and giveaways by the home team. This game shouldn't have gone to OT. Hopefully gifting them the point won't come back to haunt.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Can someone refresh me on what happened with our goalie coach? Was it Murray or jarry who said our old goalie coach wasn’t needed and since then we’ve had goalies who couldn’t save Jesus ?
Mike Bales was the goalie coach during the Pens' back-to-back cups. With the decision to go Murray, the Pens let Bales go and hired Mike Buckley, who had a pre-established relationship with Murray.

Bales is now in Buffalo after a stint in Carolina.

Buckley was fired in 2021 and replaced by the current goalie coach, Andy Chiodo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad