Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Wings | OTL | Jake shakes for everyone!

Best dipping sauce for chicken nuggets

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
Missed the game, seems like their 5v5 scoring has evaporated the last few games.

But more importantly, Other E.G. Honey Mustard/Chic-fil-A sauce for the nuggets.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
The line shuffle happened at the start of the 2nd and before the penalty, no?

And yeah, Sully's not completely fair... but I'd also argue that given his history and quotes, what earns the benching generally isn't big mistakes, it's an accumulation of small mistakes. You make one big mistake but are doing the small things right, maybe you can get it back. You keep making the small mistakes, you're probably not going to make a positive impact. And I'm guessing it's the standard set out in the room.

Also... tbh, what message we think he should be trying to send here? That you must absolutely give your best performance in a borderline irrelevant game, even if it wears down your fitness? Make absolutely no mistakes, which stifles creativity and playing with an edge?

Way I see it, if Mike Sullivan is demanding perfection now he's not going to get it in the playoffs. Physically and mentally, they can't sustain perfection for the next 65 games. His job right now is a balancing act between not letting too many bad habits creep in and not burning them out. Going hard on the collective on a back to back at the end of January? I don't think that's actually productive for him and I don't think the gain is worth it. The one point squandered tonight is unlikely to affect our playoff odds very much.

If this was March and we were 20 games from the playoffs, I'd feel different.

Incorrect tho. Simon and Zar were elevated to play with carter after the penalty. Kap was playing with Heinen and carter after being demoted.

And who knows what his message is. That’s the issue. He only picks on certain players. He should be helping players figure out there game. Not demoting certain players for bad place while others can suck and have no consequences.

the issue is that he holds players to different standards and then people wonder when they struggle.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
The reason I get so pissed when they throw away points and play like garbage is that I know it's gonna hurt their seed and bite them in the ass come PO time. The difference between 1st in the Metro and facing TB or CAR as a wild card is gonna be like 5 points. These points and games matter.

You get pissed and throw tantrums after every loss. No matter how we play :D .

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Hey guys just a heads up, im in the market to buy a majority stake of an NHL team. Once this goes through in the next 10 years I will be hiring Ragamuffin as GM. illpucks will be named President of Hockey Operations. We will proudly hold the record for worst record ever in the NHLs history.

Is Elon Musk going to wash your uniforms? The audacity of this guy to assume that someone of @Ragamuffin Gunner's stature would accept your petty GM position. So sad and very disrespectful

Reactions: Invalid cuz QoC

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
I heard that no other team in the NHL gets tired or has injuries. It's just the Pens and it's not fair!
Yes, and no other top teams lose games to teams below them in the standings.

No other top teams ever get bailed out by good goaltending.

No other top teams ever find ways to win despite getting outshot or out-chanced.

Just the f***ing pathetic loser Pens. Let’s all throw angsty teen tantrums after every loss!!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Where would I find said cast of pods?

I always suspected arrogance and a lack of willingness to adapt/adjust.

The Hockey PDOcast

The guy Dimtri talks to has been on a couple of pods. Great goalie mind and really gets to the gritty details. pretty cool to hear how PIT redefined the league after the B2B and Murray and Sully pretty much got out Kung Fu’d by the Caps in 2018.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Hockey PDOcast

The guy Dimtri talks to has been on a couple of pods. Great goalie mind and really gets to the gritty details. pretty cool to hear how PIT redefined the league after the B2B and Murray and Sully pretty much got out Kung Fu’d by the Caps in 2018.
You mean when they got Trotz'd the first time out of the 3 times since the cups?

Edit: I'm giving it a listen right now. Thanks.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
You mean when they got Trotz'd the first time out of the 3 times since the cups?

Edit: I'm giving it a listen right now. Thanks.

The Penguins in 2017 implemented a strategy of waiting out for the perfect shot which has widely been covered to combat why public analytic models failed to show how they were winning.

Caps have utilized that method for years and is a big reason why they look bad in terms of expected numbers, but good in raw data.

Murray was the perfect goaltender for high volume
shooting but as the league has become more creative and skilled his game feel off.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
My mind is always telling me to block certain 2 posters as they bring aboslutely nothing to a discussion besides being pissy about stuff without backing up their arguments with anything. But then there is this voice inside me that just really dislikes blocking posters on message boards. I'm torn guys

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Penguins in 2017 implemented a strategy of waiting out for the perfect shot which has widely been covered to combat why public analytic models failed to show how they were winning.

Caps have utilized that method for years and is a big reason why they look bad in terms of expected numbers, but good in raw data.

Murray was the perfect goaltender for high volume
shooting but as the league has become more creative and skilled his game feel off.
I think Murray over time might figure it out as yes he's changed his stance but he's at the point where his confidence, etc will eventually be the reason. I liked there Mason analogy in an unrelated issue for goalies.

I'm 40~mins in, they really don't think much of Jarry huh? Not mentioned once so far.

The cups, we all said it at the time that this was never going to be sustainable and that teams were figuring it out near the end of the second cup. I know we all discussed it here and knew that was going to hurt us and it's why I kept saying Sully didn't adjust. He's adjusted to Jarry this year but those old habits have reared their ugly head recently.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I think Murray over time might figure it out as yes he's changed his stance but he's at the point where his confidence, etc will eventually be the reason. I liked there Mason analogy in an unrelated issue for goalies.

I'm 40~mins in, they really don't think much of Jarry huh? Not mentioned once so far.

The cups, we all said it at the time that this was never going to be sustainable and that teams were figuring it out near the end of the second cup. I know we all discussed it here and knew that was going to hurt us and it's why I kept saying Sully didn't adjust. He's adjusted to Jarry this year but those old habits have reared their ugly head recently.

Woodley has been talking Jarry up since he was drafted actually.

I think it is more Dimitri focuses on what he likes in hockey on his podcast. Jarry has been great, but he isn’t a very exciting net minder and I’m not sure the Pens are a super exciting team unless we are firing on all cylinders. We’re like the 08-09 Wings at this point.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My mind is always telling me to block certain 2 posters as there are aboslutely bring nothing to a discussion besides being pissy about stuff without backing up their arguments with anything. But then there is this voice inside me that just really dislikes blocking posters on message boards. I'm torn guys
I've blocked a few and the board just feels better to me. I'll hug my Sully body pillow in solace for ignoring some muppets that added nothing to the convo because since blocking them, I've noticed I've never really missed a single thing from them.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That was an enjoyable podcast though, thanks mate @Gurglesons

I didn't know Dimitri Filipovic was From Vancouver. I see it makes sense now why so many of the podcast has so much Vancouver crap. I'll skip those.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zirakzigil

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
My mind is always telling me to block certain 2 posters as there are aboslutely bring nothing to a discussion besides being pissy about stuff without backing up their arguments with anything. But then there is this voice inside me that just really dislikes blocking posters on message boards. I'm torn guys
Welcome to the joyful existence of being a mod. :silly:

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Seems it's been a good couple days to not be able to pay real close attention.

I want to see how they look when they've gotten more practice in over the relatively softer February schedule. The last time they had two days off that didn't involve significant travel was the beginning of the month.

Granted, they barely played in December, but this month has been a really tight schedule with a lot of travel.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
As far as the poll goes, I picked ketchup, but 'other' is the right answer - specifically, Ranch dressing.

Now 17/21. Again losing one game of these two I can stomach, but the schedule is about to get much harder.
Nah. The February schedule after the All-Star break will actually be easier than the schedule we're having now.
It's March that we need to worry about.

My man you're being obtuse. I fear you're trying to argue something with me that's aside from what I'm saying.

Fans like to use the excuse for a loss "they were just tired". Every NHL team goes through back to backs and a rigorous schedule. We didn't lose because we were tired is my whole point.

Matheson's blunder...was that from fatigue?
Simon's hook...fatigue?

It's a lazy excuse. I shouldn't need to explain this though....
You should probably look up what the record is for any team that's on the second half of a back-to-back and is facing a rested opponent. The tired team doesn't win very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad