Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Why are you rooting to see this type of hockey any longer? This team sucks! Haven't you learned your lesson yet? Detroit might see about that though, the end is near, can't wait!
I said it's win/win. If we get in, we get to watch playoff hockey. If we lose, better draft pick and maybe more change happens.

I'm good with either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I said it's win/win. If we get in, we get to watch playoff hockey. If we lose, better draft pick and maybe more change happens.

I'm good with either.
I'm Only Happy if we lose and don't get in. We get into the playoffs we're just going to get run over. We've already lost five successive playoff series in a row I don't want to see number six.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Everyone here thinks Saturday will be a loss, that means we’re gonna win.

it’s just that every time we’ve had the chance to avoid a sweep by another team we fail lol…Carolina, NJ, Isles etc…Detroit beat us twice already this season…how huge are those last second choke jobs we’ve had against the Isles this year? We’d be safely in a PO spot if we’d won even one of those games…

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Carolina might not give a crap about that game. It depends on if New Jersey puts pressure on them for first. If Carolina doesnt need to win that to grab first, then they're gonna rest everyone.

Because Carolina’s coach doesn’t take a night off.

Why are you rooting to see this type of hockey any longer? This team sucks! Haven't you learned your lesson yet? Detroit might see about that though, the end is near, can't wait!

Called being a Penguins fan. Try it some day.

Reactions: Pancakes

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Because Carolina’s coach doesn’t take a night off.

Called being a Penguins fan. Try it some day.
No, what you should want is long-term viability and a team that can actually contend, and this team ain't going anywhere. What you want to see is a slaughter, we've been embarrassed enough in the playoffs what good does that do for anybody and anything? Better to lose and start all over.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
The odds of all 3 teams winning 3 in a row are pretty remote...

...but it would be the objectively funniest way for the Pens to miss the playoffs at this point.
Someone said this team is maximum pain, so that's maximum pain. Or they lose to Columbus last game of season.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Isles: Philly, Caps, Montreal
Panthers: Cap, Toronto, Hurricanes
Penguins: Detroit, Chicago, Columbus

We need to be rooting for the Caps. Panthers have it tough. Those are three big games for them. It's like that we need to win at least 2. 3 to be safe.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

We need to be rooting for the Caps. Panthers have it tough. Those are three big games for them. It's like that we need to win at least 2. 3 to be safe.
It's the NHL. One of those crap teams will unexpectedly win.

We've got to make sure it doesn't happen against us lol. But odds are if we can manage to win out then at least one of the Isles or Panthers will lose at least one game before the end of the season.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Pens got a win after they one they really needed.?

neat-thats-pretty-neat.gif

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That Archibald penalty is a perfect example of everything that's wrong with NHL officiating. Pens had two PPs, Wild none. Wild player goes down in the vicinity of a Pens player, so naturally it *must* be called. Replay shows Sundqvist basically toe-picked with Archibald barely even making any kind of incidental contact.

f***ing CALL THE GAME and stop with this stupid ass "game management" bullshit.

Smasher

Jan 25, 2012
Finland
nemecic.bandcamp.com
They blew a third period lead every game against the isles, and over double digit times total. Even with the pens sucking this year they should never have been in this position.
Yup, win (or take to OT) just one of those games and they likely make the playoffs. They made (and shat) their bed, it's time to sleep in it.

+Rakell and Zucker have been bright spots in an otherwise depressing season. Sweet one-timers from them!

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
This is a house money kind of post season. I've already accepted we don't have a shot to do anything significant, and might not even get in. So I'm just going to sit back and see if they can show me anything.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Hold onto your butts,

NYI remaining games: vs PHI, @ WSH, vs MTL

FLA remaining games: @ WSH, vs TOR, vs CAR

PIT remaining games: @ DET, vs CHI, @ CBJ

Saturday will be insane. Penguins need to set the pace with a win in the afternoon. Then we play spectator at night for the NYI and FLA games.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Nah, I liked the Fleury chants. That may have been his last game in Pittsburgh.
One year left on his deal. He'll be 39. If he doesn't start against us for whatever reason next year then that's all she wrote.

Flower was here 15 years. Hard to compare Murray's 5 years to that.

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

metalan2

May 30, 2008

If the Panthers win out they would be on a 7 game winning streak. The isles on a 4. To be honest I think the isles lose to Philly Saturday.

However, the penguins have to win out regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad