Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Stars | loss | Cant play 60min

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Moving Kapanen and McGinn for Granlund saves us a mil next year and in some world may give you a top six winger to fall back on. He sucks, but the idea behind it makes some sense.

Using him as a 3C/ 3RW is the dumber part of that trade.
Sleepy moves half of our bottom six to acquire Granlund. Where did you think he would play?

By now, I hope sleepy realizes Sully sucks, and didn’t assume he’d play in the top six. You’d like to think they had a discussion before the trade, but nothing would surprise me.

Last edited:

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Context. 2nd game of a road back to back where the refs were poor and the opposing goalie was excellent. While we had our full complement of forwards we are still icing 3 ahlers and Dumo on defense. Context. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW CRYBOY!!!!!!!
Yes, I understand that you're all about moral victories for a professional sports team 70 games into a season. Only losers would call that game excellent.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
I'd have been happy to send them a 1st if it meant we could hold onto our 2nd and not acquire Granlund
I'm bout that sire. Maybe next time or even this summer, mr.hextall will buy a new goalie. Like vejmelka or ingram for example. Even prosvetov, Reimer, stalock will be available. They all cool G's.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Moving Kapanen and McGinn for Granlund saves us a mil next year and in some world may give you a top six winger to fall back on. He sucks, but the idea behind it makes some sense.

Using him as a 3C/ 3RW is the dumber part of that trade.
Keeping Kapanen (coaching him correctly), dumping Mcginn and not trading for Grandlund would have saved us 5 million next year.

Sully single handily has destroyed assets. Since his tenure, they buy something new, destroy the surface value, sell for nothing in return, and watch as someone slaps a fresh coat of paint have something shiny and new.

I wonder what Seattle would get for McCann if they traded him????

I could go on for days, but nobody cares. .

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
For me it's a pretty simple concept.
We know that they can't win 4 rounds in a row and won't be able to for years. We know that if they continue along this hopeless path then they're basically throwing years down the drain.
Whereas we know that if they instead spent these 5 years rebuilding then they'll at least have assets in place by that time and aren't starting from scratch.

I don't understand why people are pushing to try and milk this. To achieve what?

Even if you're just waiting for contracts to expire then there's no reason you can't be accumulating picks in the meantime lol.
to watch my team in a competitive play off series, is that too much to ask, the way Sid and Geno are playing there should not be zero doubts that that is a reasonable achievement...now why this looks like a big task now is story for another day

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
tbh, I don't know what we would have gotten for that 1st that would have been a good move. Sounds like we couldn't match the prices for Miller or Chychrun even with the 1st included.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
just maybe, it's not the goalies.:huh:
Agreed. I hate shills. I listened to Bombolie on Madden the other nearly get break down into tears trying to defend Sully and pointing everything to the goalie.

Same excuse every year.

Side note for another told you so. After 2017, I asked for the Pens to keep MAF and trade Murray. Why? Not because I was a MAF fanboy, I stated that Murray's body type would break down as he aged and they would be selling HIGH. A couple of hard, RIGHT decisions after the cup in 17, and this current team is challenging once again for another cup run.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
The PP at the end of the game kind of epitomizes what's wrong with our PP as a whole.

We saw:
-A bunch of passing around the perimeter
-Guy with the puck holds onto it and hopes the lanes open instead of quick puck movement
-When we *do* get a chance they have this uncanny ability to miss the net with the shot

Overall, not going to be too upset because at least it was a better effort than most nights, especially on a back to back. But there's too much dead weight (f*** off, Ruhwedel, you useless dolt) and too often our PP can't come up clutch for us.
not sure about this, they had a few good looks and at least two excellent saves...they fought for lose pucks and won every single one, sometimes it just does not happen...There is a whole karma thing now that they will have lose even when they play well because all of the shit stuff that this HQ was insisting throught first 70 games, just like last year and year before...

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
All the comments after the game: “we played great, I like our game, great effort. We just didn’t get the result. It will come if we keep playing like this”…shut the f**k up with your participation trophies, it’s embarrassing …results are all that matter in a PO push…you can’t f**king score! Your goaltending rarely outplays the opposition!…win the f**king game…lol, rant of the morning, sorry

• Wow
Reactions: vodeni

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Which is ironic considering how much Sullivan talks about every single player they acquire/call up being good on the PK.
us idiots learned that a long time ago, that was just an excuse by those coaches that used to be grinders in NHL or loser pundits to validate their life accomplishments...remember how we missed Archibald on PK just two months ago...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Allow our stars to retire with grace with the franchise.

Allow entertaining hockey versus watching a team that consistently has no hope to even make the playoffs.

Etc.
I'm not so sure...
Back in 2007 when they first made the playoffs it was so exciting... only to get beat by ottawa... the anticipation and excitment for subsequent playoffs was building.
Now, it's not happening in any way.

I'd have more fun watching scrubs waiting for that gem -- supposing it ever does land a gem -- and to finally make the playoffs again.
I think that'd be more fun than watching this. In only to be out. yay.

I'm ready for a change.
(but you do have to let them retire penguins at this point)

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
2 goals on 42 shots and 25 high danger chances. Teams average like 15 in the NHL.
You should be scoring 4-5 with that.

Blame Ruhwedel if you want. This team can't put it in the f***ing net.
great teams should be scoring at 20-25% pace on HDCF. Now thats not easy but with amount of money tied up to your top 6 that should be the case. I did not see 25 HDCF last night, but in that case there should be 5 goals, and our XGF were 3.37 whatever that means

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I got some bad news for you...they will get killed by Caps tomorrow
They can basically lose 3 games out of the next 10... being they lost last night they can lose 2 more in regulation and still get 2-3 OTL's and make the post season (get 96 points) . Losing last night stung.
So they basically need to go 7-2-1 here out.
They _can_ qualify depending on Florida not getting 96 points but that is usually the number to qualify.
6-1-3 also works.
5-0-5 works.

So any regulation losses from here on out are disastrous.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I think the Pens played well. You can't win every game, but at least they showed up and put effort into it.

Thoughts:
- I really like the Letang - POJ paring. I know it probably won't stick, but can hope. Gives you a hint of where we could/would be if we had gotten someone like Chychryn.
- Rust....if only he skated a few more feet.
- Malkin....was good on the forecheck, but something was missing from his game. Maybe he's getting tird :(.
- Crosby...showing more greatness.
- Sully actually didn't give Carter too much ice time... 8:33! That was a miracle.

Announcers said at one point that Pens were the 2nd worst teams when it comes to scoring off the rush. We rely to much on the cycle to score, and don't have a counterpunch off the rush threat we used to have during our last cup years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad