Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Stars | loss | Cant play 60min

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Tough loss but what are you going to do. Run into one of the hottest teams in hockey with 1/2 your D missing. Had opportunities

Hurts not getting a point, team basically controls destiny.

Archibald being nowhere on the PK that sealed this game and Heinen possessing the puck for the 3-2 goal by POJ is a perfect example of what I was talking about yesterday BTW

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
What they need is a rebuild. And to be honest it's overdue. Just remember, we haven't won a playoff series since 2018. That's 5 years ago now, you think about that, think about that!
Now think about 2018 being the last year that Sid wins a playoff series in his career.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
And just as I expected, they failed yet again. This team is not making the playoffs. They don't deserve to. We as a fan base deserve better.

Are you a paying customer? Otherwise I’m not sure they owe you anything. Ps- they gave you 3+ cups (not sure how long you’ve been a fan).

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
26 regulation wins in 72 games. Florida and NYI deserve it more tbh.
Florida lost 6:2 to Toronto at home tonight. They also lost 6:3 to the Flyers of all teams last game. I don´t know. Pens have some bad luck lately too. They slightly outplayed the Stars on the road in a B2B game. Effort was there. Injuries on defense, particularly Ruh cost them and Oettinger was stellar. If they play like this for the remainder of season, they will make the playoffs. But probably as a 2nd wildcard and face Boston. That sucks. They have very easy schedule rest of the way though. One point was gettable tonight for sure, can´t blame them too much. One of the best losses of the year (in a sense), they actually looked legit good.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Archibald being nowhere on the PK that sealed this game and Heinen possessing the puck for the 3-2 goal by POJ is a perfect example of what I was talking about yesterday BTW
The goal on the PK had nothing to do with Archis man. He didn't even touch the puck.

Not sure what your talking about you need to watch that again but I guess keep routing for Heinen and his possession "skills" lol

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The goal on the PK had nothing to do with Archis man. He didn't even touch the puck.

Not sure what your talking about you need to watch that again but I guess keep routing for Heinen and his possession "skills" lol

I’m talking about what contributes to winning games and what doesn’t.

There’s a reason Archibald has been a nothing player on loser teams or a healthy scratch on the one or two good ones he played on.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
One must never shoot unless one has the absolute clearest lane for a shot. Never just throw it at the net. Nothing good ever happens from doing that.
He coaches that. But he’s totally okay with those stupid slap-pass redirects that work like .05% of the time.

Like dude…those redirects were cool like 6 years ago when Sid went on a rampage with them for about 2 seasons. They didn’t really work that well for anyone else. Even when everything goes perfect, they’re still not that likely to go in the net.
But he tells our dmen to shoot for those rather than to just let er rip at the bottom half of the net.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Are you a paying customer? Otherwise I’m not sure they owe you anything. Ps- they gave you 3+ cups (not sure how long you’ve been a fan).
I've been around since the Penguins Wore the blue and white uniforms of the late 70s. And yes this core did give us three cups, but the show is over now time to move on and start a new chapter. 17 years is long enough for me with this nucleus.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Trade the bums. it'd be limited return, Geno can go to florida, Sid to Colorado we could at least get something for those over the hill bozos if we retain. And in a rebuild no reason not to.
Steve-austin GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

https://media.tenor.com/pDwwBqwaCK4AAAAC/stone-cold-steve-austin-wwe.gif

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I’m talking about what contributes to winning games and what doesn’t.

There’s a reason Archibald has been a nothing player on loser teams or a healthy scratch on the one or two good ones he played on.
What contributes to winning and losing games is scoring goals and not taking advantage on the Powerplay. 0-2 we had our chances.

We come up short more often then not on the Powerplay. What are we 15th 16th in the league? That's unacceptable

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I know it was 6 on 4 but why don’t they play like they did at the end on the power play every time. Actually got some looks with movement and hard shots on net.

I thought Rakell was bad and Malkin looked kinda off tbh

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
Pens have 5/10 games left against non-playoff teams. They finish with CHI and CBJ. Not sure why everyone thinks its guaranteed they miss.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
People who want the team to rebuild dramatically overrate the success rate of sports franchises that go into rebuilds.

Michael Jordan once joked that the Cubs have been rebuilding for 50 years when the word was brought up to him at the end of his time with the Bulls.
It's more about not being able to win with what they have, so all that's left to try is a rebuild.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
CDS was OK, of course we need better than OK
5 out of 6 dman were good Ruh is real liability out there, second real good game by POJ
Sid was flying, Jake was OK but Rust is just bad...he must drop him to third to get him going
Geno was good but Zucker and Rakell were bad,
3rd line was pretty good, Poehling was driving the line, they had a bunch of good looks
DOC was quiet tonight, I was hoping he could repeat another good game

oh well, they are not making the playoffs anyways, they will find way to lose against Caps and that will be the final dagger

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
No, brilliant actually, because unlike you I don't want to go down with this ship. Do you want to watch these aging Stars be on a bad team? Cuz that's where it's headed. I'd rather get something for him than nothing. Maybe we can trade Jake this summer

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Pens have 5/10 games left against non-playoff teams. They finish with CHI and CBJ. Not sure why everyone thinks its guaranteed they miss.
because they have only one consistent trait: they can lose different ways...and they lose when they need to win the most

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad