Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Bylsma sucked but he at least throught some different lines out there while floundering. He double shifted sid and geno a ton with the bottom 6 to create different match ups
Not to defend Sullivan but Malkin and Crosby are not young anymore. A little harder to do that but yes he did entertain more ideas compared to Sullivan

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
He has but not for this long before.

Despite his numbers Jake is having a sneaky bad year so far IMO.

I dont mind Jake floating some cause he can put the puck in the net. I mind Rust floating because he cant right now. The penguins need a heavy right winger who can get the puck and be net front on that line. Jake shouldnt have to be the one doing that so Rust can float.

Not to defend Sullivan but Malkin and Crosby are not young anymore. A little harder to do that but yes he did entertain more ideas compared to Sullivan
It isnt though.

You can play Sid a shift with McGinn and Kap without extra icetime. You do it by reducing Jake and Rust not adding more to Sid.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
It isnt though.

You can play Sid a shift with McGinn and Kap without extra icetime. You do it by reducing Jake and Rust not adding more to Sid.

Well then we are on the same page then!

Unsure if you have seen my posts but I have been advocating for line changes or getting an extra shift with Kap etc.

So yea keep Crosby minutes the same and throw other line mates at em. Even if it's 5 less of Rust and guentzel and 5 more of other Guys.

Reactions: Darren McCord

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If you're going to pay McGinn almost as much as Kapanen or Carter for 5 minutes of ice time, just trade him. I don't get it.

We are paying 3rd liners premium pay for the same amount of ice time we'd give to Deslauiers or even a classic enforcer. :laugh:

Mysterious how Tanev was moved and more or less instantly turned into the guy the Penguins wanted from the start, eh?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I don't know what this relates to (lol the special teams) but I feel like I need to post this here for obvious reasons:

bg8Fg1P.png

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Penguins have just about blown their few games in hand lead they had on the wildcard...
Excellent work boys...

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
McGinn getting 5 minutes of icetime is frankly even dumber than only playing Gruden 3. I get that Brock is a bit streaky but the poor guy seems utterly wasted on this roster for like 75% of his time here.
I had a couple of free McGinn posts to no avail, reminds me of McCann's case and even ERod, they got hot and Sully can't bear so he buries them on some defensive shitty line for 20 games until they just lost it

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I had a couple of free McGinn posts to no avail, reminds me of McCann's case and even ERod, they got hot and Sully can't bear so he buries them on some defensive shitty line for 20 games until they just lost it

Yeah it’s absolutely bizarre that McGinn scores 10 goals and then is just stuck with Carter and then eventually dropped to L4 when not producing.

Much like Bednar and Hakstol have done with McCann and Rodrigues, when they are producing they put them up in the top six. Just like Brindamour did with McGinn in Carolina.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It's weird that this club looks at lines like they're sacred rituals when it's actually pretty normal to break up lines that aren't working or to get new looks, tbh.

It's madness that we've gotten to thinking that keeping ineffective lines together for seasons is somehow normal and cool.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's weird that this club looks at lines like they're sacred rituals when it's actually pretty normal to break up lines that aren't working or to get new looks, tbh.

It's madness that we've gotten to thinking that keeping ineffective lines together for seasons is somehow normal and cool.

GCR isn't even THAT terrific in the grand scheme. When they are scoring they tend to score in bunches. And obviously Sid and Jake have a longstanding terrific track record but when they are stalling out they tend to be a trainwreck. And there has been more valleys than hills as time goes on.

It's truly strange like you said to elevate what is a rather mixed-results line dynamic for seasons at a time over team success or at the very least a better CHANCE at team success.

Funny enough it would usually be about now that I'd be clamoring for Jake to have a try on L2. But Zucker and Malkin are working well. Though maybe Zucker could help Crosby's game and Malkin Guentzel's game if that makes some sense? IDK

Reactions: HandshakeLine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany