Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
My mistake. Read that as Hex wanting u24s back.

I don't think JR makes a trade with this team TBH.

Could be the case, but he knows our assets.

POJ
Hallander
O'Connor
Poulin

and then there's....

Smith
Pusstinen
Nylander
Legare
Pickering
Lindberg

Picks

Roster players.

I don't think JR would be opposed if there are assets he feels could help them he really likes.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
JR loves attention more than anything else so having his name splashed all over the day's headlines is a hell of a draw for a guy like that. But don't underestimate his pettiness.

GM's can't put that over doing their job. It's not like HexBurke had anything to do with JR's and ownership (that has changed) differences in view. JR left of his own accord, and they didn't want him to leave. He's now on the other side of the table a couple years later. Pettiness is not becoming of a guy like him in that volatile of a position. His pettiness was/is leaving. I don't think it extends past that.

Plus, I really want the Eddie Johnston feel to this like when he traded Francis, Samuelsson and Jennings back in the day to propel the Pens to b2b's.

That would be so taboo...:laugh:

"Hey guys, the other goalie is struggling. So instead of peppering him with shots every chance we get, let's make sure he only faces around 18 shots and hope he lets in 10 of them"

I'm going to say that is because of how many PK's and go back through the play by plays and count the giveaways.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
GM's can't put that over doing their job. It's not like HexBurke had anything to do with JR's and ownership (that has changed) differences in view. JR left of his own accord, and they didn't want him to leave. He's now on the other side of the table a couple years later. Pettiness is not becoming of a guy like him in that volatile of a position. His pettiness was/is leaving. I don't think it extends past that.

Plus, I really want the Eddie Johnston feel to this like when he traded Francis, Samuelsson and Jennings back in the day to propel the Pens to b2b's.

That would be so taboo...:laugh:

Eh... they're just human beings. And JR has always been a pretty volatile guy. He left here in a huff and I doubt has gotten over himself. He and Hex seem like incompatible dance partners, anyway. But you never know of course. If there is a deal to be had that makes sense for both teams maybe something shakes loose.

It WOULD be nice to get another Francis fleecing, of course.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Eh... they're just human beings. And JR has always been a pretty volatile guy. He left here in a huff and I doubt has gotten over himself. He and Hex seem like incompatible dance partners, anyway. But you never know of course. If there is a deal to be had that makes sense for both teams maybe something shakes loose.

It WOULD be nice to get another Francis fleecing, of course.

Why? Hextall loves ripping people off and JR loves getting ripped off.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Why? Hextall loves ripping people off and JR loves getting ripped off.

Hahahaha... good point.

I was just thinking I'm not sure what either team would want from the other. And that Hex seems slow to act if not borderline reluctant while JR is chomping at the bit at any given point to unload like half his roster.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Hahahaha... good point.

I was just thinking I'm not sure what either team would want from the other. And that Hex seems slow to act if not borderline reluctant while JR is chomping at the bit at any given point to unload like half his roster.

JR wants 24 year old players that are coming off their ELC that could use a turn around season.

So we have about 17 of what he wants in our system...

Because of him..

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
JR wants 24 year old players that are coming off their ELC that could use a turn around season.

So we have about 17 of what he wants in our system...

Because of him..

They need to convince JR that Poulin was a genius pick and that he should sell the farm for him to get in on the ground level of that inevitable leviathan of a player.

Reactions: Gurglesons

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
As bad as they looked last night and largely have for the last month, it's pretty hard to win in the NHL missing 3 of your 4 best D and your G and most of what was a decent 4th line. I do think that, as unpopular as this opinion is, getting Letang and Petry and Jarry back will make a huge difference.

All that said, absent a couple of significant moves that I don't think Hextall has the balls or the creativity to make and absent Sullivan stopping clutching onto his favored veterans like Linus and his blanket, it won't matter. We'll be just good enough to lose to Boston or Carolina in 5.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
As bad as they looked last night and largely have for the last month, it's pretty hard to win in the NHL missing 3 of your 4 best D and your G and most of what was a decent 4th line. I do think that, as unpopular as this opinion is, getting Letang and Petry and Jarry back will make a huge difference.

All that said, absent a couple of significant moves that I don't think Hextall has the balls or the creativity to make and absent Sullivan stopping clutching onto his favored veterans like Linus and his blanket, it won't matter. We'll be just good enough to lose to Boston or Carolina in 5.
I would bet mega cash that this is the thought process inside the organization. And I think that they are dead wrong.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
But it's all Rust tho ;)

Yea Rust is a popular scapegoat. ANd don't get me wrong, he's not helping much either. But Sid and Jake getting a pass is bonkers.

Line1 is super frustrating but line 2 has been really good lately and I'm sure that's in part due to Rakell. I bet if he ever makes the swap again line 2 starts struggling a bit because Rust has sucked this year.

What he *should* try (but won't) is Zucker-Sid-Rakell and Guentzel-Malkin-Rust. God forbid we try something new though. Gotta stick with the same stale combos.

Been advocating for this. Why not try the 1 combo that absolutely was tearing up the league a few seasons ago with Jake/Malkin/Rust? They literally could not be stopped

But we all know the reason...

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yea Rust is a popular scapegoat. ANd don't get me wrong, he's not helping much either. But Sid and Jake getting a pass is bonkers.
The entire city of Pittsburgh will be dragged screaming to the 8th circle of hell before anyone in Pittsburgh media turns on Sid . :laugh:

Jake has been bonkers bad by the eye test this year. He's still sneaky about producing but I don't recall him ever looking this "floaty".

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
what run and gun, they are just standing watching skaters flying by them
Here’s the thing…Sid has clearly decided recently that he’s only gonna play the third period lol…it’s true, go look thru his last several games…if that’s the case, it really doesn’t matter who Sullivan puts on L1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad