Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs. Sabres (April 23, 2013 - Makeup Game - GDT Incoming)

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
I'm looking forward to the game; it's become intriguing to watch DB cobble together a lineup, and then see the boys still not miss a beat.

Any word yet on whether any of yesterday's scratches may be on the ice tonight? I kind of thought in my mind, last week, that once the possible "shenanigans" of the Ottawa game were behind them, that the team may bring a few of the injured guys back. I was thinking Thursday for the Devils game, but that was before the Sabres game got moved to tonight. At this point, though, it seems somewhat unlikely that we'll see any of the guys who were scratches last night play before Thursday, at the earliest. Hopefully I'm wrong, for the "long term injury" guys (PM/JN/EM/SC) -- as I'd like to see as many as possible get a game or two in before the start of the playoffs.

LGP!

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
I didn't see the game anywhere on center ice. Maybe because of the re-scheduling?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Anyone still think we should've traded for Drew Stafford? ;)

Nice opening post haha.

MacIntyre vs Scott? :D

I wish, but I seriously doubt it. Scott's not the type of guy to take a fight with a killer like Mac for the reasons of "I'm a goon and he's a goon" (Scott ran from him all game in one pre-season contest a few years ago...understandably, considering it was the damned preseason).

IMO, Mac would have to do something that forced Scott into it (run Miller, for instance), in which case, Mac would be tossed before anything got going. The referees really don't like Mac snowshoeing around their ice.

Possible exception if Scott was afraid of losing his NHL roster spot and he went out there trying to prove something to his coaches.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Nice opening post haha.

I wish, but I seriously doubt it. Scott's not the type of guy to take a fight with a killer like Mac for the reasons of "I'm a goon and he's a goon" (Scott ran from him all game in one pre-season contest a few years ago...understandably, considering it was the damned preseason).

IMO, Mac would have to do something that forced Scott into it (run Miller, for instance), in which case, Mac would be tossed before anything got going. The referees really don't like Mac snowshoeing around their ice.

Possible exception if Scott was afraid of losing his NHL roster spot and he went out there trying to prove something to his coaches.

It would be a HUGE test for Scott. If Mac gets to his left, I think it's all over for Scott.

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
Ordinarily I lose some amount of interest when Sidney Crosby is out of the lineup, let alone he and all the other guys, but this team is so fun/intriguing to watch right now.

Same here. I guess it's partly because of all the new guys in the lineup and partly because, well, winning is always fun.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Was planning to take my mother to the game tonight for her birthday but my dad had a car accident last night & is in the trauma ICU with his neck broken in two places. Needless to say, we won't be making it to the game.

On the positive side, I will be ordering my usual "stayed home and ordered a pizza instead of going to the game" meal tonight so we are assured of a Pens victory.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Was planning to take my mother to the game tonight for her birthday but my dad had a car accident last night & is in the trauma ICU with his neck broken in two places. Needless to say, we won't be making it to the game.

On the positive side, I will be ordering my usual "stayed home and ordered a pizza instead of going to the game" meal tonight so we are assured of a Pens victory.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope your dad is okay and has a speedy recovery. :(

SteelFish87*

Ottawa Fan said:
Now doesn't everyone wish someone dropped Cooke hard?

Instead of winning and worrying about focusing on they should have realized they were losing and beat the crap out of him.

LMAO :laugh:

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope your dad is okay and has a speedy recovery. :(

Thanks. He has fractures to C5 & C6 vertebrae and I know very little about medical stuff but it seems like they're going to do surgery to fix him up. He can move his arms & legs so I guess he can consider himself lucky. Or lucky-ish, anyway.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco

terrible news. i hope he experiences a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille