GDT: Pens vs Sabres | 7:30 EST | 27/01/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
2:46
Comment From Donny K

The Penguins 3rd&4th line haven't potted a goal besides a EN sine Dec 19th. Come playoffs when teams linematch and slow down Crosby/Malkin what is the plan? Is Shero actively perusing bottom 6 solutions?

2:48
Shelly Anderson:

Don't know of the details of Ray Shero's discussions with other GMs, but the Penguins just recently held their amateur and pro scouting meetings, so Shero is as up to date on things as possible -- how the team's prospects are doing, and who's out there who might help the Penguins. You would think Shero is at least pondering help for the third and fourth lines.

Suddenly everything seems so clear and simple.

CrozJawz*

I'm Randy Butternubs.

images

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
i think shelly gets too much flack for just being realistic about not really knowing that much despite her elevated access than someone like rossi who willingly bloviates about things he knows nothing about and presents it as 'inside information.' she really does hedge every answer, but the fact of the matter is that in this twitter world reporters informational advantage further withers away with every passing day.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
i think shelly gets too much flack for just being realistic about not really knowing that much despite her elevated access than someone like rossi who willingly bloviates about things he knows nothing about and presents it as 'inside information.' she really does hedge every answer, but the fact of the matter is that in this twitter world reporters informational advantage further withers away with every passing day.

ironically (SINCE I'M RUNNING THE SACG (Shelley Anderson Chat Gameâ„¢) I agree.

I don't want this to become mean-spirited. Just lighthearted fun. We'd be doing this game for any Pittsburgh writer who did a weekly chat (Dejan does, but it's not Penguins-only, so it doesn't count).

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I get the feeling Shelly is of the mindset of "Well, the coaching staff is doing this and hellbent on doing that, so anything else isn't worth talking about".

Similar to the common defense used on this board of, "The coaches are doing it so it must be correct".

CrozJawz*

All I will say is that my question WAS answered, so guess away!

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
I get the feeling Shelly is of the mindset of "Well, the coaching staff is doing this and hellbent on doing that, so anything else isn't worth talking about".

Similar to the common defense used on this board of, "The coaches are doing it so it must be correct".

what I've gathered:
injuries cause a lack of chemistry and disrupt lines
they're working on their problems and are aware of them
shero may or may not trade for a 3rd or 4th liner

she definitely seems willing to critique specific players or their general effort. doesn't' seem to provide many answers though (whether things the pens are doing or just speculation)

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
shelly is embedded with the penguins right? she starts saying that shero is an idiot and bylsma is smugly arrogant to the point of ruining the most talented high end players in the league she can count on having plenty of jeff zatkoff and chuck kobasew features to run because no one else will talk to her. dejan can throw bombs from the sidelines, shelly doesn't have that luxury.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
GAME IS OVER!

If you submitted a question, please let us know, so we can guess.

bambamcam4ever
winger for hire
CrozJawz
BeauKnows19
vabm8

have all said they submitted questions, anyone else?

(I DID NOT, FYI)

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
ironically (SINCE I'M RUNNING THE SACG (Shelley Anderson Chat Gameâ„¢) I agree.

I don't want this to become mean-spirited. Just lighthearted fun. We'd be doing this game for any Pittsburgh writer who did a weekly chat (Dejan does, but it's not Penguins-only, so it doesn't count).

We can always flood him with a bunch of Pens questions ... But I agree, as far as Shelly goes.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Haha who was HFBOARDS? Mine was answered by the way, but I don't really post here too much so it could be hard to tell.

you don't post much, which means you aren't bitter...

so probably the injury question or the olympic question

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
We can always flood him with a bunch of Pens questions ... But I agree, as far as Shelly goes.

we can give it a try! I think it's Friday at 1pm. We'll find out the true power of this fully armed AND operational battle station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad