GDT: | Pens vs Sabres | 1700hrs EST | Last one before the big dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
How does Jeff Carter have a -1?

Their only goal came with the power play on the ice.

Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, Rust and Letang.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
How does Jeff Carter have a -1?

Their only goal came with the power play on the ice.

Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, Rust and Letang.

Someone probably jumped off the ice and Carter jumped on as the 2 on 1 was coming towards the Penguins defensive zone.

I think it was Malkin that jumped off.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Nice pass by Carter to hit Heinen in the slot.

Buffalo isn't playing a NHL team but you have to be encouraged from this performance. All of their forward lines look decent to great and the 3rd pair has been noticeably excellent.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Errey accidentally said "solid ass stick" :laugh:

I'm still very happy that the Penguins managed to get Rakell to stay. I feel like getting him to re-sign as a rental was one of the most significant UFA additions the Penguins have made in a long time.

Love the hustle from the Poehling line in a 6-1 game.

I know people don't like Archibald but I've liked what I've seen from him in the last 2 games.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He's not a bad skater at all but he's also not going to blow by guys either. Smith looks great with Rutta. Seems like an ideal partner for him. The Devils didn't do Ty much favors. I'm real happy to see him doing well. It was tough for him mentally here.

Yeah he's been excellent and I think it's mostly him being used appropriately in a system that fits him really well.

Smith-Rutta is Cole-Schultz 2.0, which was an amazing 3rd pair for the Penguins for a few years when they won their cups.

Reactions: Bone Density

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
He's not a bad skater at all but he's also not going to blow by guys either. Smith looks great with Rutta. Seems like an ideal partner for him. The Devils didn't do Ty much favors. I'm real happy to see him doing well. It was tough for him mentally here.
How has Marino been? when preseason started heard he was doing good.

Reactions: Bone Density

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
Yeah he's been excellent and I think it's mostly him being used appropriately in a system that fits him really well.

Smith-Rutta is Cole-Schultz 2.0, which was an amazing 3rd pair for the Penguins for a few years when they won their cups.
We made the poor kid play with PK Subban's rotting corpse. I think both teams got what they wanted, plus you've got an extra pick in a great draft. Good luck this season.

How has Marino been? when preseason started heard he was doing good.
He's been decent. His transition game is amazing but I'd like to see him get involved more, insert himself. I'm sure you guys were asking the same thing. I can see how he can be a frustrating player to watch. You think he would have an extra gear or so offensively. He'll probably start the season with rookie Bahl on the third pairing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
All things considered, I think POJ had himself a pretty decent game that should make other teams feel more confident about him being NHL ready. Playing 17:30 a nigh with great analytics and playing generally mistake free hockey isn't bad at all for a rookie.

He played a simple and low event game, which resulted in him having good results overall. Which is more than you can say about Pettersson, but they're probably stuck with Pettersson unless Hextall becomes willing to sink assets to move him.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
All things considered, I think POJ had himself a pretty decent game that should make other teams feel more confident about him being NHL ready. Playing 17:30 a nigh with great analytics and playing generally mistake free hockey isn't bad at all for a rookie.

He played a simple and low event game, which resulted in him having good results overall. Which is more than you can say about Pettersson, but they're probably stuck with Pettersson unless Hextall becomes willing to sink assets to move him.
We should just retain 1M on him and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad