GDT: Pens vs Red Wings

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I have sort of been a proponent of grooming Sundqvist as our 3C. He may be a real good candidate to groom as a top 6 winger though.

With his size, speed, disposition, and skill - he's probably my favorite prospect right now.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
It's going to take an injury to get Kunitz out of the top 6. Time to bust out the old voodoo doll. It's been locked up since Craigers last graced us with his presence.

I'm being facetious, I don't actually want Kunitz to get hurt, but it's the only way we'll see someone else get s look.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Poking around to see if there were indeed any updates about Bonino, came across this gem...

http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/2015/09/26/forward-derby/

GkzO7ro.gif

What's the connection between his hamstring and his faceoffs? :laugh:

I think it is just an example of poor writing. They ask about his hamstring because they don't believe he is skating to his abilities, which is the first minus. And then another "minus" is his faceoff win percentage.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'll take the positive spin and just hope that things sort themselves out - whether Kunitz returns to form, or he performs so badly they move him.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
IC mentioned there was a trade on the table for Kunitz over the summer and I thought "the only way we won't play him with Sid is if he's not on the team so I hope to GOD he gets traded."

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think it is just an example of poor writing. They ask about his hamstring because they don't believe he is skating to his abilities, which is the first minus. And then another "minus" is his faceoff win percentage.

Probably, but none of these people have written a "LULZ NO" article about anything from or about Scuderi in these last few days. They're not allowed to even think about Sundqvist's skating not being to his abilities.It's possibly him thinking that the hamstring injury is hurting Sundqvist's faceoffs.

Note how this is getting "investigated" but Scuderi and Kunitz are getting the pieces they are. Bounce back and whatever that was about Scuderi, but that hamstring is serious business.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013

Which is even more poor writing & editing, with Crosby, Malkin, Bonino, Cullen, why would Sundqvist need to be playing center?

The open position on the fourth line (until Fehr is healthy) is a winger position. Sundqvist's FO% doesn't matter and maybe due to playing wing for the past two seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad