GDT: Pens vs Red Wings

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
I figured we don't really need a separate pre-game thread and since the lines have been announced, we might as well start.

Scuderi again paired with someone that won't make the NHL team. Interdasting.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I like Plots-xxx-Bennett. I hope Bonino can get into a game soon with those two as his wingers.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I figured we don't really need a separate pre-game thread and since the lines have been announced, we might as well start.

Scuderi again paired with someone that won't make the NHL team. Interdasting.

Writing's on the wall with him.

Sheary's what interests me. Sheary and Malkin huh? I'd still rather have seen him with Loney, but can't hurt to see what he looks like.

Mouillierat clearly a stand-in for Bonino, but I've sort of wanted to see him too.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
Hope Plotnikov does well. How is his speed so far for those who have watched the games? Seems they are trying out Plotnikov-Bonino-Bennett. I have seen for myself that Bonino is not a speedy player and Bennett is average at best in that category. Could easily be exploited by opponents.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm really interested to see how that line works with Sheary on it. I'm also kinda concerned about Perron not playing again, but that concern is probably unwarranted.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Writing's on the wall with him.

Sheary's what interests me. Sheary and Malkin huh? I'd still rather have seen him with Loney, but can't hurt to see what he looks like.

Mouillierat clearly a stand-in for Bonino, but I've sort of wanted to see him too.

What is the scouting on him?

I seriously have no clue about him. Meaning this is the first time I've seen his name.

Edit: Ahler...

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
What is the scouting on him?

I seriously have no clue about him. Meaning this is the first time I've seen his name.

Edit: Ahler...

I saw him score a goal or two with New York last year. That's really all I know about him. And I never heard his name before that, either.

ZeroHero

Dec 3, 2010
th

Artie Party

Oct 1, 2014
Pittsburgh
Does anyone who follows WBS think that Sheary would be a better fit with Sid and Kessel as opposed to Malkin-Horny? Of all the scouting reports I've read, it seems like he's a fast playmaker with good hands but just undersized.

Whether he would ever play Top 6 is a long shot I know but just throwing it out there.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Hope Plotnikov does well. How is his speed so far for those who have watched the games? Seems they are trying out Plotnikov-Bonino-Bennett. I have seen for myself that Bonino is not a speedy player and Bennett is average at best in that category. Could easily be exploited by opponents.

Bonino being sick really throws a wrench in their plans to look at Plotnikov - Bonino - Bennett early in camp. That line will be lacking a bit of speed though, so Dupuis might be a better fit there.

The one line that doesn't need blazing speed on LW, but does need what Plotnikov brings: grit, board work, net front presence, is Crosby - Kessel. Granted I doubt we see this in Game1, but if and when Kunitz's wheels inevitably fall off, I could see Plots here.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
I'd like to take this moment to point out how awesome it is that we are getting line-up tweets from Bombulie instead of the Shelleys, Yohes, and Rossis of the world. This season is already going much better than last year because of it. Otherwise, it's pre-season, everyone stay healthy, go Pens.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Mouillierat is a solid depth guy/ call up option. He does a little bit of everything and he's fairly scrappy.

He'll be productive for WBS and teach children to fear and respect that power play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad