GDT: Pens vs. Rangers - Need to rallllllly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
This team needs to be ready to play next game, period. I don't see what Rust adds over Sundqvist. Hope to God Fleury or Murray is ready next game.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Letang at 28 minutes already. You have two d-men sitting in the press box better than at least two on the ice right now.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
If I'm Sullivan, I'm not waiting too long to pull the goalie. There's no point in waiting with the the way they've looked today. They're not generating anything. Just pull the goalie and hope it sparks something with enough time to get back in it.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I just can't see us winning the series playing this way. I hate to be a negative nancy but the Rangers have had the better of the play both games right now. If it keeps up like that we'll need truly opportunistic scoring and better goaltending than them to win and I can't see the latter happening.

This is exactly what I was worried about before the series. Everyone was so blinded by the run at the end of the season.

I have no idea what it is with this team. No matter the coach, no matter the personnel .. it seems like, when the stakes are high, they cant rise to the occasion.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hell no. Nothing was left field about this. We played just as bad game 1 but everyone accepted it because we won 5-2. Rangers have dictated play for large stretches both games and this is the result we're more likely to get when that happens.

Game 1 was like that NJ game too, except we got a lot of bounces and the Rangers blew a ton of chances.

EDIT: Maatta's speed negates the icing.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Hell no. Nothing was left field about this. We played just as bad game 1 but everyone accepted it because we won 5-2. Rangers have dictated play for large stretches both games and this is the result we're more likely to get when that happens.

Absolutely. Pens have only played "well" for about half of game 1 and a 5-7 min stretch here in the 3rd.

pensfansince88

Feb 5, 2012
This team needs to be ready to play next game, period. I don't see what Rust adds over Sundqvist. Hope to God Fleury or Murray is ready next game.

Rust was playing well before he got hurt. He's been a nothing today just like most of them. I'd like to see Sundqvist playing before Fehr. What does Fehr add?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Well it is now a series. Sully has to drive it home. Aint good enough. If the high payroll performs like this, time for a who wants to play here. Ice time earned. Next practice should be the toughest day of the year.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Rust was playing well before he got hurt. He's been a nothing today just like most of them. I'd like to see Sundqvist playing before Fehr. What does Fehr add?

Not much at RW. He has played better at C. If Malkin moved with Crosby full-time, he'd be a great add.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm betting Maf will play game 3 now, but none of that matters if we play the way we have. My hope is that because we're going to be on the road that we'll simplify and get back to the way we're supposed to play.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Zatkoff is the goalie for this series. I don't think we're seeing flower or Murray anytime soon.

With that said, the team can still win. Lots to tighten up and correct going forward in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad