Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Rangers | loss | Special teams weren’t the good special tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Erod is like if Pascal Dupuis and Tyler Kennedy were the same player.
94c.png

Oddly seems like if those two reared a child it would be ERod...

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
And yet you lost Game 1 in triple OT and easily won last game in the third period. Maybe Gallant could make it easier but I still think you have clear advantages in play
They don’t? So what if they lost in OT, the Pens were the better team in game 1 and it was basically even game two until the last 10 minutes with deflating goals.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They don’t? So what if they lost in OT, the Pens were the better team in game 1 and it was basically even game two until the last 10 minutes with deflating goals.

you’re not understanding…they have the better goaltending and they have the better special teams…he was lamenting they were not better 5 on 5…but the Rags still have a clear path to win this even if the Pens play better 5 on 5 because of the huge discrepancies between our and their goaltending and STs

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
you’re not understanding…they have the better goaltending and they have the better special teams…he was lamenting they were not better 5 on 5…but the Rags still have a clear path to win this even if the Pens play better 5 on 5 because of the huge discrepancies between our and their goaltending and STs

It still boggles my mind how the collection of players the Pens can trot out during a PP can look so bad on a consistent basis. Talent-wise, I don't think the Rangers' personnel is better than ours. Yet the difference in execution and puck movement is night and day.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It still boggles my mind how the collection of players the Pens can trot out during a PP can look so bad on a consistent basis. Talent-wise, I don't think the Rangers' personnel is better than ours. Yet the difference in execution and puck movement is night and day.
Yeah, I have no idea what it is. The Rangers just look faster and better at everything...and I don't think "are".

I think it goes back to what I've said in the past - we don't have bad players, we just have good players who are not playing good right now.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Yeah, I have no idea what it is. The Rangers just look faster and better at everything...and I don't think "are".

I think it goes back to what I've said in the past - we don't have bad players, we just have good players who are not playing good right now.
All the things that require specific coaching we’re bad at. We backcheck hard but don’t pick up the right guys, our PK is passive, our defensive zone system is to just insulate the goalie which prevents our own rush opportunities. Our breakouts are predictable, our offense relies on luck and the opponent screwing up. It’s Sully, it’s always been Sully.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
View attachment 541571
How in the f*** does anyone take this moron seriously? Lmao. This is typical JuJu syndrome for The Super Idiot.

He hates that Domingue bakes (probably not "manly'' enough for him), he hates that Domingue has a YouTube channel, and hates that he's on Cameo. How is this clown still being paid to write articles about Pittsburgh hockey?
Your anger toward him answers your question.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
View attachment 541571
How in the f*** does anyone take this moron seriously? Lmao. This is typical JuJu syndrome for The Super Idiot.

He hates that Domingue bakes (probably not "manly'' enough for him), he hates that Domingue has a YouTube channel, and hates that he's on Cameo. How is this clown still being paid to write articles about Pittsburgh hockey?
Madden is the skid mark of sports writers.

Reactions: HandshakeLine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad