Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Rangers | loss | Blowout loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I have no idea how GRMH still has a job. How you can take a team that is the softest in the league, and weak defensively, and make them softer and weaker defensively is astounding.

Reactions: Zbynek

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Unfortunately Madden is correct here…and he made a point I found interesting and maybe true but who knows lol…

“Madden pointed to a turnover during a penalty kill by Dumoulin that resulted in a goal for the Rangers just before the end of the first period as an example of players looking bad based on the style of game Sullivan wants them to play.

“(Dumoulin) could’ve just rifled the puck down the rink. But he was trying to make a pass with 12 or 13 seconds left. It turned over, and it went in the net,” Madden said. “Well, he’s making that pass because they want him to. They always want everything to be about some sort of execution instead of just getting it the (heck) out of the zone. So, while Dumoulin needs to be better there, that’s what they want him to do. For sure it is.”

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Unfortunately Madden is correct here…and he made a point I found interesting and maybe true but who knows lol…

“Madden pointed to a turnover during a penalty kill by Dumoulin that resulted in a goal for the Rangers just before the end of the first period as an example of players looking bad based on the style of game Sullivan wants them to play.

“(Dumoulin) could’ve just rifled the puck down the rink. But he was trying to make a pass with 12 or 13 seconds left. It turned over, and it went in the net,” Madden said. “Well, he’s making that pass because they want him to. They always want everything to be about some sort of execution instead of just getting it the (heck) out of the zone. So, while Dumoulin needs to be better there, that’s what they want him to do. For sure it is.”

He might make noises like a wounded deep sea creature breathing fatly into a microphone but he does have a point, here. Whenever people say stuff like "WTF is <Player> doing?!?" odds are that it isn't always just that player being a moron.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He might make noises like a wounded deep sea creature breathing fatly into a microphone but he does have a point, here. Whenever people say stuff like "WTF is <Player> doing?!?" odds are that it isn't always just that player being a moron.

Based on the amount for former players shipped out of here for looking terrible playing for Mike Sullivan but then do well elsewhere, no question about it lol

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Based on the amount for former players shipped out of here for looking terrible playing for Mike Sullivan but then do well elsewhere, no question about it lol

I mean it probably has a lot to do with this team not changing much of anything for going on a decade and other teams being well aware of that. The Penguins have to be one of the easier teams to prep against. Hell your video guys don't even have to update their footage past like 2017.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I mean it probably has a lot to do with this team not changing much of anything for going on a decade and other teams being well aware of that. The Penguins have to be one of the easier teams to prep against. Hell your video guys don't even have to update their footage past like 2017.

I guess Sullivan’s mantra of “being hard to play against” is just as laughable at this point as his defense of Carter…or pretty much anything else he has to say lol

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I guess Sullivan’s mantra of “being hard to play against” is just as laughable at this point as his defense of Carter…or pretty much anything else he has to say lol

He's an NHL coach. With tenure. He just says things to say them at this point. He and Tomlin probably compare notes.

The only time he says anything with any real substance to it is when he's making impassioned sermons about his best boys Carter and Dumo. Or maybe when he's talking about beans or punching drywall or whatever it is Massholes are all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad