Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Preds| Win | And back to your regularly scheduled TDL Viewing

We’re going to:

• Trade for Miller

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Trade for Boeser

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Waive another bottom 6 player

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
As long as Dumo is on the roster Sully will play him 20+min every damn night

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The boys showed character for a change after that first period where defense was on the usual level we have seen this year (i.e. appalling) and that terrible Letang blunder. But gifting chances to the opponents like that, including one on the final 20 seconds is not a recipe for success. Carter can't leave Josi of all people all alone when the game is on the line.

Also, Guentzel needs to be more opportunistic, another game where his line dominates, he has chances on the PP but he ends up with zero points. This time McGinn of all people produced a points when playing with Rakell and Sid who were great.

But two points are two points and the five on five play in attack especially was pretty encouraging. If only they could try something new on the PP, like, I don't know, not using Guentzel to screen the goalie, or different entries or something. Whatever they are trying is only working when the opponent falls asleep like Tampa.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
This was a needed win. Can't toss these points away especially with TBs upcoming revenge game on us and then I believe we play the Rangers a ton.

It's gonna be tough sledding if they don't start finishing shots.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
This is the streakiest Pens team I can ever remember watching. I don't think they're going anywhere but I'll give them credit for keeping it interesting.

Nice effort from Rust on the ENG. Also fun to see Sid and Geno with breakaway goals in back to back games. Like the old days!

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
HF Pens: "The season's over. Sell for next year."

rambo-nothing.gif
I mean, that's why I hardly post anymore. That, and I haven't been able to watch as much this season, so I can't be snarky enough to properly pick the team apart and sneer at anyone who'll take some regular season wins even though this team doesn't have a prayer of getting out of the first round, if they even make it there.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Letang did his best to deflate the team, but they somehow pulled it off!

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Geno's effort level ++++++++

How can you not love this guy?

To answer, his defensive effort on most nights, turnovers, indecision on the power play, and bad penalties.

Boy Letang is infuriating to watch this season. He should just focus on defense rather than chasing points. He's sinking this team.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
To answer, his defensive effort on most nights, turnovers, indecision on the power play, and bad penalties.

Boy Letang is infuriating to watch this season. He should just focus on defense rather than chasing points. He's sinking this team.
Dude, how crazy is it I was thinking about you when I made that post. How the hell have you been? Is Geno playing badly enough to your liking this season?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, between the Steckel/Hedman injuries, Sid lost the peak years McDavid's currently enjoying. Pretty wild to think about where he'd be points-wise without devastating injury in his best years. Going by his career average points per game and throwing in Ovechkin's games played, he'd be at 1700 points right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad