Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Nucks: Sid dining on sushi tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
Imagine making the playoffs and getting swept in the first round. First comment will be why did we trade our best playoff performer…

Reactions: Darren McCord

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Great game for Big Puus, stll don't love that they didn't use him more for his one timer on the PP. DOC better not be injured, he's been a horse on the forecheck.
Over the last 3 years you can probably count on two hands the number of one timers attempted on the power play. I don’t think the coach likes them. Maybe too unpredictable or something with how the rebounds shoot out or the puck rings around the boards on misses. The preferred shot is the redirect from the side of the net if there are no cross crease plays available. One timers are pretty much off the table. Especially for a Euro rookie lol.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Over the last 3 years you can probably count on two hands the number of one timers attempted on the power play. I don’t think the coach likes them. Maybe too unpredictable or something with how the rebounds shoot out or the puck rings around the boards on misses. The preferred shot is the redirect from the side of the net if there are no cross crease plays available. One timers are pretty much off the table. Especially for a Euro rookie lol.

If Sully coached the Caps, he would've wrote out Ovi's 1 timer because it's too predictable

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Imagine making the playoffs and getting swept in the first round. First comment will be why did we trade our best playoff performer…
At what point do you want to try and win again? It's been over 5 years since their last playoff win and all of their best players are on the wrong side of 30. Keep your core if that makes the fans happy, everybody else that has value should be traded for younger legs and assets.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
At what point do you want to try and win again? It's been over 5 years since their last playoff win and all of their best players are on the wrong side of 30. Keep your core if that makes the fans happy, everybody else that has value should be traded for younger legs and assets.
I don’t mind him being traded and I agree we need assets but I don’t trust the Penguins getting a good return no matter what has been reported. I have to now see it to believe it. Not too mention having a lack of faith in when will those assets ever get a legit chance to play (consistently) with Sullivan as HC.

So yeah it’s easier for me to say just extend him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coastal Kev
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad