Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Kraken | loss | The video coach was our best player

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Maybe the Kraken are unbeatable? Franchise record against Penguins is now 2-1, and unless this team gets their shit together in a hurry, it will be 3-1 after next week. As a lifelong Pens fan, I hate this. As a displaced fan who has had to read in this HF board how bad the Kraken suck, I kinda' like it. I'll still pull for the Pens next Saturday, but they may beyond my help at this point.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’ll try to stay even keeled here. Needed more shots. We can’t expect to win when we’re getting outshot even if it’s only by a handful. A few shifts we controlled play but had nothing to show for it. I think the protocol should be low-percentage stuff early and then look for high percentage chances later on. Get them running around, turning, and thinking everything is going towards the net. The former opens up more opportunities for the latter.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Rutta 12 minutes total tonight. Can’t wait til Sully benches him for Ruh.

Rust played 23 minutes LOL. Does Sully think he’s McDavid? Meanwhile Heinen played less than 10 min.

Piss poor effort outside of Jake and a few others. Sid looked pissed at the end, which is kind of reassuring?

Biggest + is the western roadtrip is over.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I thought line 2 was awesome. Couple other guys had a pulse.

You can't win when rookies and third liners are flinging no look behind the back cross ice passes. Guys are comfy and don't feel internal/peer pressure to play the right way. Everybody crying about Sullivan and some of his shit is awful but the guys in that room are adult men who should be holding eachother accountable. If they want to play soft they can continue to lose to the bottom-tier teams.

Can someone tell me how 30 year old Bryan Rust looks half as fast as 36 year old Malkin? Geno was winning board battles all night and Rust looks like he can't be bothered. I guess Rusty just isn't all in like he used to be. He has been ass apart from three games this season. Outworked by multiple superstars.

Letang should give his paycheck back. Need way more from him. He looks nothing like the player he was the last two seasons.

I think we'll right the ship but some guys need to look in the mirror. This team was blowing people out of the water and most of them got comfortable, simple as that.

You knew Sullivan wanted GCR all along

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
The top six generated opportunities and controlled possesion.

The bottom six got continues to struggle. Prior to Carter leaving, the third line was being outshot 7-1.

Reactions: ncm7772

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Saw the last 2 minutes and read LeTang was LeBad once again. Coach needs to scratch him for a couple games or reduce his minutes.
Letang and Sid are the heartbeats of this team, and they have both been disgraceful over this trip.

I agree on sitting one or both, or phantom injury.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Letang and Sid are the heartbeats of this team, and they have both been disgraceful over this trip.

Letang has never been the heartbeat of this team. He had two years where he cut down on risky play, now he's back to 2019 Letang. He hurts much more than he helps, the team is worse when he is on the ice.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Letang has never been the heartbeat of this team. He had two years where he cut down on risky play, now he's back to 2019 Letang. He hurts much more than he helps, the team is worse when he is on the ice.
that narrative always drove me nuts...He is good when he is not structured, his best was when he was freelancing for the most of the game, Dumo was solid support there, now he does not even try, now if he is not losing puck to a forechecker, he is just launching the puck around the wall...or try to pass through the middle which most of the time ends intercepted...

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Rutta 12 minutes total tonight. Can’t wait til Sully benches him for Ruh.

Rust played 23 minutes LOL. Does Sully think he’s McDavid? Meanwhile Heinen played less than 10 min.

Piss poor effort outside of Jake and a few others. Sid looked pissed at the end, which is kind of reassuring?

Biggest + is the western roadtrip is over.
I don't know what's going on with Rutta. He's been solid, even generating offense, and he's getting the shaft.

This road trip has been very strange in terms of Sullivan's management of the defensemen.

Reactions: Al Smith and Trade

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We’re in a race to the bottom of the Metro with CLB…hopefully we’re scouting Bedard…

Reactions: Pens x

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
that narrative always drove me nuts...He is good when he is not structured, his best was when he was freelancing for the most of the game, Dumo was solid support there, now he does not even try, now if he is not losing puck to a forechecker, he is just launching the puck around the wall...or try to pass through the middle which most of the time ends intercepted...
Risky means that.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

They really don’t have to be. We have the depth to isolate them.

It’s interesting. Sully seems to be doing some of it. But he defaulted to his old standby GCR tonight.

Should be a fun season because the pieces for a good roster are here and in WBS.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

It’s interesting. Sully seems to be doing some of it. But he defaulted to his old standby GCR tonight.

Should be a fun season because the pieces for a good roster are here and in WBS.
Good thing it's early, get this garbage hockey shit out of the way so we can start playing again.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

I'm not wishing injury on anyone, but I kind of hope Carter is out for a bit. Poulin played well and deserves some more ice time.

I also wonder how long of a leash Hextall - not Sullivan - will have on Archibald and McGinn. Hextall seems stubborn enough in his own evaluation of players to remove guys who don't fit what he wants, even if the coach keeps using them (see ZAR and Simon last year). Archibald has started stacking penalties and McGinn is invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad