Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Knights: Blew 2 periods of hard work in 2 min

Status
Not open for further replies.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
The whole Rakell thing is tired at this point. Another guy you can toss on the "came in hot went out ice cold" pile. It's a large pile at this point. Dude has 5 goals in 31 games stapled to the top six (lately Crosby) and often the top powerplay. Jeff flippin' Carter has five goals. At some point you can't just keep hanging your hat on the "little things" a 5M dollar supposed top six player does when your team is a bunch of ham-fisted goobers and is at the bottom of the league in finishing two years running.

Smith and Rakell make as much as a LEGITIMATE impact winger + a sidecar player.

I don't know why the solution to giving up all our 'catalyst' guys was to target mids. What stupid decisions over and over and over this freaking org continues to make. Those guys are literal replacement level players at this point.

I'd actually wager money that Puustinen would score more if stapled to Crosby for the remaining games than either of those 2 could over 82.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

I don't know why the solution to giving up all our 'catalyst' guys was to target mids. What stupid decisions over and over and over this freaking org continues to make. Those guys are literal replacement level players at this point.

I'd actually wager money that Puustinen would score more if stapled to Crosby for the remaining games than either of those 2 could over 82.

These are the kinds of players Sullivan wants to fill out his top six.

Didn't you hear? It's still 2016 and Sid and Malkin are still able to carry junk.

Reactions: molon labe

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
No Actually as I have said A BILLION Times I don't give a f*** if they fire Sullivan Yesterday, Last Season or what the f*** ever, It is you side that thinks that a New HC & CS is going to magically make the Pens a SC Contender. BUT Keep going with that narrative, till it isn't worth a shit too
And for the billionth time, a fresh voice in the room and fresh strategies and tactics could absolutely squeeze more out of this group. It's happened in this very organization with some of these very players. When Therrien was fired, Bylsma didn't even come in with new strategy/tactics. He basically ran everything Therrien had in place. He made his changes the following year. But he was a fresh voice. Then there was Johnston to Sullivan. Now, you're absolutely right that the core is nearly aged out of the league. Fair point. But they're also under-performing. In fact, I can't think of one player who's over-performing. Pettersson? Sid some nights? This is absolutely a playoff team with a new voice, new tactics, and new strategies. They're still just a wild card team, but they have the talent to make it. And anything can happen in the playoffs. We're only a couple years removed from almost beating the Rangers with Louis f***ing Domingue in net.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Because our coach likes stone hands grinders like him lol…we’re not going to get a decent hockey trade for them especially during the season…second round pick at best

Reactions: BusinessGoose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad