Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Kings | loss | lololololol next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Sullivan has no answers. He has worn out his stay here but he isn't going anywhere. This season was always destined to end like the previous ones.
Sullivan's years past his expiration. The goaltending tandem sucks, and Jarry's as durable as Beau Bennett. The entire bottom-6 is awful. Sid and Geno can't overcome the roster shortcomings they used to. Ownership adores a coach who has been a loser since 2017. The FO is a shitshow because the previous regime left the team with no assets or prospects, which left this group handcuffed but they're too petrified to make any bold moves anyway.

Oh well. Hope Sid and Geno have some elite games now and then and wait for the rebuild. This is the best it's gonna be from here on out too, I imagine. :laugh:

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
I fast forwarded this only stopping for goals/pp, and any special events :rolleyes:. Glad I did as I had a gut feeling that this wasn't going to go well.

As I didn't watch the whole game, all I can say is we really really really need a better goalie tandem :confused:.
or...
We need to ride DeSmith and barely make the playoffs, as I honestly think we can win enough games even with his Jekyl Hide performances, and then have Jarry healthy for the post-season.
Its starting to look like desmith plays again tomorrow sire no?

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
We say this too many games and look at our finishing ranking…the reality is we are making average to below average goalies look like Vezina candidates…when it happens so often, it’s the Pens shooters telegraphing shots and trying for low quality deflections and lucky rebounds, rather than making creative plays with the puck…bet we make Aiden Hill, the Sharks third string goalie, look fantastic on Tuesday…
we have been doing that for years. I had a theory for that, it was like playing in a pick-up game during my playing years; i would put a move on the d-man and he wouldn't move (mostly because he was so bad, he couldn't react fast enough.) and that was what's was happening with our forwards playing against lesser goalies. I no longer think that's the case.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
I guess that means they are taking it easy with Jarry.

No point in rushing him back only to get injured again. He isn't the most durable guy out there.
You already knew sire. Sullivan is such a smart coach for life. I do think jarry will come back this weekend though. Looks like its back to back time and an important game coming there

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
He’ll be back tomorrow I think…not limited in any way in practice….

I think Friedman got his bell rung with a hit.

San Jose.....
tumblr_p3fjmkO64G1v01x2co1_500.gif

Last edited:

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Brain fart, I meant to write the Canucks but these late nights are destroying my ability to proofread.
No worries, KrakenNation is benign. For your offense you must chug a kombucha and, for five minutes, stand in the corner gazing at your naval while wearing your best truckers cap, and we'll call it even.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
You already knew sire. Sullivan is such a smart coach for life. I do think jarry will come back this weekend though. Looks like its back to back time and an important game coming there
Are you being sarcastic? On a back to back, don't know why Sully started DeSmith on both. I guess Sully doesn't trust Tokarski? :\

The points after the upcoming Sharks game are crucial: Islanders/Devils/Islanders. I'll feel much better with a win tonight!

I know Hex lies to keep things close to his chest, but if we lose the next few, then waiting until March for a trade isn't the smartest choice :\.

Reactions: Andy99

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Are you being sarcastic? On a back to back, don't know why Sully started DeSmith on both. I guess Sully doesn't trust Tokarski? :\

The points after the upcoming Sharks game are crucial: Islanders/Devils/Islanders. I'll feel much better with a win tonight!

I know Hex lies to keep things close to his chest, but if we lose the next few, then waiting until March for a trade isn't the smartest choice :\.
it is if your hoping for a high pick.:)

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
it is if your hoping for a high pick.:)
If that's the plan, then Hexy should have written it somewhere...oh yeah, I forgot, his plan is in his head :snide:.

It would be odd if he's hoping to make the playoffs as the #8 seed with a particular first round draft pick in mind that would not be available being seeded any higher.

Honestly ever GM makes some bad moves, so I'm not anti-Hexy, but this waiting is mind numbing :oops:. Considering there are consequences to waiting.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
If that's the plan, then Hexy should have written it somewhere...oh yeah, I forgot, his plan is in his head :snide:.

It would be odd if he's hoping to make the playoffs as the #8 seed with a particular first round draft pick in mind that would not be available being seeded any higher.

Honestly ever GM makes some bad moves, so I'm not anti-Hexy, but this waiting is mind numbing :oops:. Considering there are consequences to waiting.
no one here is a mind reader so it's hard to know what they are thinking. but with the cap it will be hard for a lot of teams to do anything. my best guess is that hexy will wait till most of the teams able to make moves do so. and try to get a bargain off the scrap heap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad