Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Jets | loss | Would of won if coach had put ColePens in the 3rd

We lost because:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Team has had about 4 GOOD games all year, if that. Games where they played a full effort and won vs a decent team. This season has been abject poverty minus two winning streaks where they didn’t play particularly well.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'll put up the GDT for the Canes game tomorrow.

I found some live footage of Desmith in net..

terminator-fence.gif

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Ok... I can't understand how anyone trusts this guy. Disaster at Philly and in the midst of a greater on here.
What did he do to Philly? that team got dismantled by their dumb GM Fletcher. He was there to rebuild Philly and got them some nice pieces, he may have been a little slow to turn the team to the next level but he wont be the GM here to turn our next core to the next level but to eventually rebuild this team. IIRC he did good with LA too? I think. Anyway I am going to play some titanfall 2 now.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
What did he do to Philly? that team got dismantled by their dumb GM Fletcher. He was there to rebuild Philly and got them some nice pieces, he may have been a little slow to turn the team to the next level but he wont be the GM here to turn our next core to the next level but to eventually rebuild this team. IIRC he did good with LA too? I think. Anyway I am going to play some titanfall 2 now.

It's hilarious because the only good things in Philly are things Hextall got while there which was five f***ing years ago lol. Realistically like ten because that's when he was hired..

Reactions: 66-30-33

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
The fans that paid for the tickets tonight... I mean I feel cheated that it took 3 hours away from my life, but at least I didn´t pay for this shit. That was unwatchable, zero effort absolutely. This is usually the type of the game that gets coach fired, but not gonna happen here obviously.
Consider the life of a Buccos fan. At least we get the illusory pleasure of brief hope.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Not sure what Rust is doing this year but he is not a top line RW. Stupid to take RR off that line. Teddy B certainly misses a couple bodies that fore check and use the body. He is still a great PK er but his play is bad right now. to many Sully smurfs and Hextall needed to fix that but didn't. If Pens miss the playoffs, new ownership has some decisions to make. Sully needed to go after last year but Jarry hurt and DE Smith cost them in the Ranger playoffs. But soft cost them Sid and RR which is on Sully and Hextall. Enough of smurf hockey. Make moves Hextall.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
When you don't have your top three defensemen, that obviously hurts.

But games like this are further evidence the bottom six sucks. Yes, Connor scored. But that line was also on the ice for two goals against. And Blueger's line is a black hole.

A new coach will not magically fix the bottom six.

Good NHL teams roll four lines and get consistent effort and scoring from the bottom six. They lift up the top six when those guys have an off night. When is the last time this bottom six did that? It's been a long time.

At what point is lackadaisical, lethargic, ill-prepared performance on the coach? It seems like you'll literally never blame Sullivan unless we have an all-star team and it still looks lousy.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Was going to watch this one now but I didn't realize it was on NHL network so no ESPN replay. Thank God I looked up the score before deciding to wait around for the replay on AT&T.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Pem

Jan 1, 2020
Was going to watch this one now but I didn't realize it was on NHL network so no ESPN replay. Thank God I looked up the score before deciding to wait around for the replay on AT&T.
We have a razor thin margin for error player wise. Drop a starter or two and look like hell . The steelers did better this year than I expected. At the penguins pace we will put up about 95 pts. , and end up right at the playoff cut line. Barely in or out. I thought Carolina would be harder of the two this weekend. Based on what I saw tonight, it is not looking good for tomorrow . Should have about 55 pts. By now to be in good shape.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
We have a razor thin margin for error player wise. Drop a starter or two and look like hell . The steelers did better this year than I expected. At the penguins pace we will put up about 95 pts. , and end up right at the playoff cut line. Barely in or out. I thought Carolina would be harder of the two this weekend. Based on what I saw tonight, it is not looking good for tomorrow . Should have about 55 pts. By now to be in good shape.

We suck. But everyone around us sucks too. The Isles are realistically the only ones that can grab a playoff spot from us IMO.

Reactions: Pancakes

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
++++Pirates brought back McCutchen

I just watched some of the game.

Wow were we inferior. Like watching an NHL team against a KHL team or something.
Coach doesn't do anything to mitigate against the obvious size discrepancy either. Just keeps sticking with the lines that already lost us a ton of games and have only shown themselves to be able to beat teams in the Bedard sweepstakes.

Four wins. Thats all we have to show for the way the top-6 is currently configured. Its unbelievable that the coaching staff doesn't know that. And if they do, they should be immediately fired. The lot of them.

Reactions: Gurglesons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad