Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Jets | loss | Would of won if coach had put ColePens in the 3rd

We lost because:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
uncle-rico.gif

Got completely destroyed by a tired team playing their 3rd game in 4 nights. Pathetic effort tonight.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
When the team doesn't look ready to play, that's on the coach.

The media better be grilling Sullivan tonight. This was not good enough.

They won't.

Guarantee Sullivan gives us some bullshit answer about how he needs to try harder or some canned assholeism.

One day we will fire Sullivan. It will be a good day.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
This is the type of game that makes even me want to call for Sullivan's head. And it's not for the reasons many of you might state like line combos or whatever.

For me it comes down to this team didn't look emotionally ready to play tonight. And that's on Sully. The line combos suck too right now, but it's the lack of fight that I hate more than anything.

Too many games this year where we don't look ready to play.

This is the only bonifiide take you can have.

The "You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it does." Gif

Effort.

I think once the Jets showed their card and the Pens needing to play tomorrow, they folded. If the Jets gave it to them, they'd certainly oblige by taking it from them.

Expecting better when you should be expecting worse....

ken-jeong-community.gif

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
When you don't have your top three defensemen, that obviously hurts.

But games like this are further evidence the bottom six sucks. Yes, Connor scored. But that line was also on the ice for two goals against. And Blueger's line is a black hole.

A new coach will not magically fix the bottom six.

Good NHL teams roll four lines and get consistent effort and scoring from the bottom six. They lift up the top six when those guys have an off night. When is the last time this bottom six did that? It's been a long time.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Great De Smith in goal tomorrow night, and Rust will be on the first line again. I'll be shocked if they beat the Canes tomorrow.
I believe we’re like 7 games over .500 when Rakell starts on L1 and 7 games below .500 when Rust starts on L1. Lol.

It’s unbelievable how stubborn this coach is. It’s like a mental disorder at this point.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They came into this game with the mentality that they were not going to win and put in the effort…that’s quite clear…theyve done this too much this season

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
They won't.

Guarantee Sullivan gives us some bullshit answer about how he needs to try harder or some canned assholeism.

One day we will fire Sullivan. It will be a good day.
I have seen people like Yohe and DK start talking a bit about how Sullivan/Hextall need to make changes. So the temperature is changing there ever so slowly.

Reactions: Pens x

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
The fans that paid for the tickets tonight... I mean I feel cheated that it took 3 hours away from my life, but at least I didn´t pay for this shit. That was unwatchable, zero effort absolutely. This is usually the type of the game that gets coach fired, but not gonna happen here obviously.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
I have seen people like Yohe and DK start talking a bit about how Sullivan/Hextall need to make changes. So the temperature is changing there ever so slowly.
The last time they directly asked Sullivan if he thought his lines were working, back during the losing streak, was when he finally put Rakell back on the top line. Why it takes questioning from the media, I have no clue. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a coach just let his team flounder for 12+ games (in just the first half of the season) with certain line combos and not make *any* changes.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Sully has issues and I really didn't want him back. But he has 3 more years on his deal and He will not be fired even if Sid told the bean town owners I am out of here. Just billionaires with a new toy. they are not hockey people and extending sully showed that. Pens are in trouble even with guys back, Coaching is stale and needs to change. Time has come but new ownership loves sully as a home town boy. Jets finally dumped that crap coach and hired a coach who got them going. Incredible the panthers hired Maurice and look what he has done to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad