Votes: 8 22.2%
  • HoG complaining about polls

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Nothing more frustrating than winning games like this every couple games and then they look like wet farts when they can actually gain ground.
Change your name back to Pixie, stop using the name you're using because another poster made a mockery out of a players name. Be your own man! By listening to me!

Reactions: Gurglesons

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
good win, but I don't get too excited about wins when your best player is your goalie xGA 2.57, don't think you killed it out there...

gave up too many open look in the second and first ten minutes in third...

L1 drive chances, but also gave up too many
L2 can't drive plays, I thought Geno was good, but he is who he is at this point, his assists/60 lowest ever,
Smith and Rakell are the biggest dissapoints, if they play like they were suppose to, it would be different
Eller was good, Jesse OK, nothing jumped out
Poor Acciari, that was a nasty dirty hit

Give Jarry all the stars/plusses tonight. I pulled up a couple of games last season, even his average ones and you can tell he's a different player vs last year. Last season he's got zero fundamentals, likely bc he was injured/laboring and compensating. This is the All Star Jarry we saw a few seasons ago. He's locked in and kudos for fixing whatever was going on. Perhaps adding Ned pushed him too?

Smith should be demoted to L3, he's a f***ing ghost out there. And I like DOC as a 5 v 5 player but he absolutely blows on the PK, yet he keeps getting trotted out there.

Oh and whenever I see L4 out there with POJ/Ruh I know we're gonna be in our zone for a good minute plus.

PS - while I applaud the refs for calling the check to the head, I've seen much much worse go uncalled. If last night was the standard, then this type of play is severely underpenalized.

And while the Jets got some good looks, when you can limit the other team to 10 shots thru half the game, you're doing something right defensively. Can't help but wonder if Jesse P was a part of it?

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Loss was Winnipeg's fourth straight, and Pens get them again Saturday. Also get the struggling Wild, potentially against Fleury on Friday.

I'd play Ned Friday and Jarry Saturday. Jarry's ridiculous numbers against Winnipeg got even better tonight. He's clearly got some sort of magic over them.

It feels good when you don't have to worry about who gets the call in net. Both goalies playing extremely well. Would love an inside story to what was changed this offseason. DOn't believe the goalie coach changed?

Nothing more frustrating than winning games like this every couple games and then they look like wet farts when they can actually gain ground.

I mean that's the gist of where the Pens are at now: winning vs the Western Conf is good and all but it generally means you're just "keeping pace" with the division.

Want to ensure you make the playoffs? Win a bunch of division games.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Blokes would rather see this team win and barely miss or barely make it and get wrecked in the first round to see Jake get some idiotic extension than actual progress.

I mean good reaction for the dirty hit, also glad Jarry had a great game but the implications of this irk me. It just validated Dubas and his idiotic goal post moving and think that maybe this team should be buyers.

Yes waste more assets to not fix it because Sully is gonna Sully, so they can ignore players they drafted for these purposes. It's honestly what this team deserves.
I'm ok with them going for it this year (as long as they don't get stupid) because they will only be worst next year. and I think that will be the best time to blow it up.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
It feels good when you don't have to worry about who gets the call in net. Both goalies playing extremely well. Would love an inside story to what was changed this offseason. DOn't believe the goalie coach changed?
neither goalie can handle a heavy workload. with them splitting time each remains well rested.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
the PP actually holding the opposition accountable was awesome.
Yep, this was the nicest part for me, as well. It's what we'll need to do in the playoffs (should we make it) in order to win.
Seems like a coaching issue but idk tho. It's too early to tell
Yep, the Penguins playing up to good competition and playing down to bad competition, a mindset that has plagued the team for literally 30 years or more, is totally the result of the current coach who's been here less than ten of those years.

• Haha
Reactions: Josey Wales

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Yep, the Penguins playing up to good competition and playing down to bad competition, a mindset that has plagued the team for literally 30 years or more, is totally the result of the current coach who's been here less than ten of those years.

Well the difference here is that outside of the past couple of years, the Pens could afford to piss away games. That's not the case recently, so as a coach you're gonna get the slings and arrows that accompany the job

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
Well the difference here is that outside of the past couple of years, the Pens could afford to piss away games. That's not the case recently, so as a coach you're gonna get the slings and arrows that accompany the job
Sure they could:

"Looking backward to 1993," said Penguins owner Howard Baldwin, "we were surprised that the Islanders took us to a Game Seven. But we still were the champs and very motivated to make it a third straight Cup.
"You looked at our lineup and you couldn't help but figure we'd wrap it up. Guys who'd won the other Cups -- Mario Lemieux, Kevin Stevens, Tom Barrasso -- were primed."

I'm looking for the Kevin Stevens interview where he says basically the same thing, but can't find it right now.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
JaRry NeVEr sTOle aNY GaMeS!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Good things happen when you actually play some decent defense. Well, for 45 minutes out of 60 but still, better than usual.

Good on the power play for coming through but it's still kind of sad when this pathetic version of Carter can be one of the better players on the PP. The way Smith is playing we might as well put Pool Party on the first unit and have him screen the goalie. Oh, wait I forgot that only Carter is allowed to focus on that for some arcane reason.

The commentators praising the defense of the Crosby line was pretty funny. Not as funny as their endless praise for a nobody like Harkins but pretty funny still.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
JaRry NeVEr sTOle aNY GaMeS!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Good things happen when you actually play some decent defense. Well, for 45 minutes out of 60 but still, better than usual.

Good on the power play for coming through but it's still kind of sad when this pathetic version of Carter can be one of the better players on the PP. The way Smith is playing we might as well put Pool Party on the first unit and have him screen the goalie. Oh, wait I forgot that only Carter is allowed to focus on that for some arcane reason.

The commentators praising the defense of the Crosby line was pretty funny. Not as funny as their endless praise for a nobody like Harkins but pretty funny still.

You're only a real fan if you harbor an outsized hatred of Tristan Jarry.

Reactions: WickedWrister

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Gotta admit that a little into the 5 minute major I turned the game off figuring they'd piss away the 5 minutes and lose the game there. Glad I was wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
It will come down to the TDL as top moves. Dubas either will buy or sell depending on pens position for a playoff. Smith is a LW who has a pedigree and needs to play better.

vyktor

Jan 23, 2008
Is anyone else hoping that Dillon gets 2 games for the hit on Accari just so we can avoid the circus of one of our tough guys( Sid, Geno, Tanger) going after him. :fight:

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
It will come down to the TDL as top moves. Dubas either will buy or sell depending on pens position for a playoff. Smith is a LW who has a pedigree and needs to play better.

See Smith coming in was a LW that was on the decline. Vegas was minimizing his minutes and dropping him down the lineup to L3. Yes he needs to play better but many here told me I was wrong when I said he would not be a good Zucker replacement. He's been really bad.

I am fine with him as middle 6th depth but we need a winger that is better than him. Our 3rd line as constructed isn't a scoring line so dropping him down to L3 isn't likely going to help him get anywhere on the scoresheet. He doesn't create offense.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, I don’t think Dubas is standing pat…either they have to go all in for it after paying a first for EK or they have to sell Jake and others they can get a good return for…at minimum, a hockey trade is needed for Smith, and probably another third pairing D…I’d like to get someone in on D who can push Graves down and put a defensive presence next to EK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad