Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs Isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Welp looks like Hagelin has a concussion. Great job letting a player who was hit in the head back in a game!

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
I wonder who sits when Hagelin/Fehr/Bennett return. I guess Kuhnhackl. Which is a shame. I've liked his play recently.

Sidney BrOSSby*

Locked in the Washer
Nov 28, 2007
Kampuchia
No Wagelin?

It's funny, in a matter of fact kind of way, but Crosby takes draws against Tavares, and I've had to wonder.. what is achieved by cheap photo opportunities and cameo's with Kunitz?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I wonder who sits when Hagelin/Fehr/Bennett return. I guess Kuhnhackl. Which is a shame. I've liked his play recently.

I don't think you'll have to worry about this team being completely healthy for any significant length of time.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
No Wagelin?

It's funny, in a matter of fact kind of way, but Crosby takes draws against Tavares, and I've had to wonder.. what is achieved by cheap photo opportunities and cameo's with Kunitz?

I have to wonder what you are ever talking about :laugh:

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015

Sestito, then Sheary, then Kuhnhackl. Kuhn will be around though. He's perfectly adequate as a penalty killer and 4th line plugger.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Cross your fingers that Wilson performs well enough to lock down that LW spot, allowing Hagelin to bump Kunitz when he returns.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Im sure Pouliot will sit again. Totally bull crap ofc. He was among the best defensemen the last 2-3 games he played at least. Not only better than Cole, but Daley too.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
Damn, that line-up hurts my eyes. Hagelin really has been instrumental to this team's success. Wish they would try Bonino in Kunitz's spot, but probably too many injured centers (including Sundqvist, Porter).

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Would rather see

Cullen-Crosby-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Malkin-Kessel
Kuhnhackl-Bonino-Rust
Wilson-Sundqvist-Sheary

EDIT: just remembered Sundqvist is injured

I'd rather Wilson got an extended look in the top 6.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Probably getting my hopes up, but I am excited to see what Wilson can do on that line. I think he can bring an element that line has been missing since the wheels fell off the Kunitz wagon. If he continues to work hard and starts to learn Sid's game he could be a huge help.

Interested to see if and where Bennett/Fehr are slotted in. Fehr probably replaces Kuhn, and Bennett Sheary (hopefully). Those are the easiest 2 decisions, but Hagelin coming back...hopefully soon, makes for a much harder choice.

Wilson Sid Hornqvist
Hagelin Malkin Kessel
Kunitz Bonino Bennett
Fehr Cullen Rust
Sestitio

Lots of possibilities though. Hard to imagine Kunitz in the bottom 6 in real life so we'll see. Who knows if Wilson will stick in the top 6 either.

Looking at General Fanager I think if the Pens want to reload on draft picks Fehr and Bonino are two guys they could do it with. Neither has really impressed other than Fehr's first game or two, and I'd rather see Cullen resigned than have either of those two back. Especially considering their respective price tags. Obviosuly the top 2 Centers are set, and Cullen and Sundqvist would be just fine as the 3/4 Centers.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'd be pretty thrilled if we managed to win this one. Isles always give us fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad