Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs Isles.. Response please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
i @MolinariPG
Injured Penguins winger Beau Bennett is working out on the ice with Robert Bortuzzo and Scott Harrington, overseen by cond. coach Mike Kadar

@MolinariPG
Bennett has now left the ice (in no apparent distress), while Harrington and Bortuzzo continue to work out with Kadar.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
i @MolinariPG
Injured Penguins winger Beau Bennett is working out on the ice with Robert Bortuzzo and Scott Harrington, overseen by cond. coach Mike Kadar

@MolinariPG
Bennett has now left the ice (in no apparent distress), while Harrington and Bortuzzo continue to work out with Kadar.

Great news. Hopefully Bennett's back in a couple weeks. I really want Bort to get healthy to see what the plan is for him and Harry.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
birthday-penguins.png

Today is my B-day....So a win should be expected but not a given.

LGP!

Happy bday UM! Today is also my birthday.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
people are really overreacting to the third game of the season

This. The Bylsma era has definitely ruined the emotional stability of some posters who go from unbridled euphoria to bitter depression. They have looked better than I expected in the first few games. Greiss should play one of the next two games and I am very interested in how he looks. Hopefully Harrington also gets a chance to show his worth . Both Depres and Scuderi (as expected) have been awful at times.

Michael8771*

people are really overreacting to the third game of the season
Not me, it was deflating loss that at least in regulation was completely avoidable. Michael is still upset about it.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
@MolinariPG
Evgeni Malkin is the first Penguins player on the ice for the game-day skate, which might be a first for him.

@OtherNHLCrosby
Evgeni Malkin is the first player on the ice for #Pens morning skate. He even beat both goalies.

@MolinariPG
Assistant coach Rick Tocchet is giving Malkin some one-on-one instruction, albeit not on the manly art of self defense. Not yet, anyway.

pVqrFRP.jpg

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
@MolinariPG
Evgeni Malkin is the first Penguins player on the ice for the game-day skate, which might be a first for him.

@OtherNHLCrosby
Evgeni Malkin is the first player on the ice for #Pens morning skate. He even beat both goalies.

@MolinariPG
Assistant coach Rick Tocchet is giving Malkin some one-on-one instruction, albeit not on the manly art of self defense. Not yet, anyway.

pVqrFRP.jpg

Empty nets!....:laugh:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Really hoping for a big response and a statement to be made. We're gonna need Sid's line to be on fire and pinning the Isles in their end all night. Their speed and skill are going to annihilate our defense.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I think someone posted a surprising stat that he is pretty avg agt them. 3-3 with a .910.

A hot postseason run and playing on a strong defensive team like the Blues will give the impression he owns us.

Michael8771*

I would still sit him. It will be another 3 day layoff after tonights game.
Exactly, if he's good to go on Wednesday great, no reason to play him tonight. Otherwise him being hauled off like that kinda looks......

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Exactly, if he's good to go on Wednesday great, no reason to play him tonight. Otherwise him being hauled off like that kinda looks......

He apparently came back to Consol to talk to Crosby, etc. the same night he got injured. Based on how they handled injuries prior to this I'm going to think that everyone is making good decisions, if he plays tonight.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
If scud dresses and is used on the PK, Tav and the NYIs will have a field day on the PP. And Pens will lose. :(:(:(:(:(

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
@MolinariPG
Dupuis looks like he will take line rushes in his usual spot with Sutter and Malkin.

Sounds like Dupuis is a possibility for tonight. Comeau was in his spot after he went down, no?

@penguins
Line rushes from morning skate:
Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
Dupuis-Sutter-Malkin
Comeau-Spaling-Downie
Adams-Goc-Sill

D-pairings from skate:
Maatta-Letang
Ehrhoff-Martin
Scuderi-Despres
Ebbett-Harrington

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
@MolinariPG
Dupuis looks like he will take line rushes in his usual spot with Sutter and Malkin.

Sounds like Dupuis is a possibility for tonight. Comeau was in his spot after he went down, no?

@penguins
Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
Dupuis-Sutter-Malkin
Comeau-Spaling-Downie
Adams-Goc-Sill

If he can, then do it. That was scary stuff.

Michael8771*

He apparently came back to Consol to talk to Crosby, etc. the same night he got injured. Based on how they handled injuries prior to this I'm going to think that everyone is making good decisions, if he plays tonight.
A good decision would be to let him sit out one game. In the long run it's not gonna hurt anything. It also looks like your being cautious with a player who at least in appearance seemed like something very severe occurred. Hey, I'm glad he's ok, but I'd play the situation rather conservatively.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
@Mackey_Trib
Pascal Dupuis going everything you would expect him to do. Showing no limitations at all.

@PensInsideScoop
#Pens wrapping up morning skate. FWIW Dupuis took part in every drill and line rushes.

Last edited:

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
@MolinariPG

@penguins
Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
Dupuis-Sutter-Malkin
Comeau-Spaling-Downie
Adams-Goc-Sill

D-pairings from skate:
Maatta-Letang
Ehrhoff-Martin
Scuderi-Despres
Ebbett-Harrington

Well that's good news about Dupuis. Without him our bottom 6 is all hosed up. Comeau really makes the 3rd line go and tries to do too much on the 2nd. Not surprised about the Scuds. He's going to get lit up tonight ES and on the PK, and maybe that will get him in the pressbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad