Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs Isles.. Response please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Let´s move on from a brutal loss already. All will be forgotten if we could bring the red-hot Isles back on Earth. Let´s show them who´s the best in Metro! Another offensive powerhouse with a beatable defense, they are pretty scary, but not unbeatable. Big game coming.

Dupuis´s status will be determined tomorrow, but it´s possible that he plays. It would be great, because facing the Isles with Ebbett in the lineup and with some chaotic lines because of that wouldn´t be ideal.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
Will be there. Looking forward to seeing them in person. Hopefully a big response

penguins2946*

The two best PPs against the two worst PKs? Yeahhhhh.... lotsa goals.

The Pens and Islanders also have 12 PPG players total, and all goalies involved do not have a save% over .900 (Halak is right at .900). It's going to be fun.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
The next 2 games are Isles and Flyers, both are the teams which can absolutely burn Fleury. I would play Greiss in one of these games, preferably against the Flyers. If Fleury is killed by the Isles, it should be a no-brainer then. I can´t say which game is the more important from these two, though. Flyers are Flyers but the Islanders game is PRETTY BIG because of the standings and I predict some serious rivalry against them coming, just because they are becoming really relevant.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
The Isles PP is so deadly, just like ours. It would be nice to have a competent PK, for once, but I am scared. The Isles will terrorize Martin & Scuderi on the PP, for sure. We have no other choice than to outscore them. Our PK is full of problems and they are not catching a break anytime soon, the next two missions vs the Isles & the FLyers are absolutely the worst in this regard.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
Will be a high scoring affair, that's for sure. Probably 5-3 or 6-4 game. Could go either way IMO. Both teams have about the same amount of firepower. Plus, like it has been said already, both teams have deadly PP

Fordy

May 28, 2008
people are really overreacting to the third game of the season

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I'm hoping that MJ has noticed that Scuderi and Martin are brutal on the kill. Scuderi is brutal no matter what the situation.

What's the harm in having Despres take over for Scuderi on the PK? I'm getting a little ticked off already with this "reputation" bs.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
With a speedy Islanders team, I really, REALLY hope Johnston goes with Harrington over Scuds. I'd roll:

Letang-Martin
Despres-Ernhoff
Maatta-Harrington

Give Harrington someone that can anchor the pairing.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
birthday-penguins.png

Today is my B-day....So a win should be expected but not a given.

LGP!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Really wanna know if there'll be any lineup changes for this one.
Ebbett for Dupuis is probable just to give Duper that extra time til Wednesday to recover.

Like to see Griess and Harrington get some action.

Sucky thing is, i think if Harry does play, Despres will sit unfortunately.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Let´s move on from a brutal loss already. All will be forgotten if we could bring the red-hot Isles back on Earth. Let´s show them who´s the best in Metro! Another offensive powerhouse with a beatable defense, they are pretty scary, but not unbeatable. Big game coming.

Is it me or is that a little overdramatic?

Like to see Griess and Harrington get some action.

sMQoX48.gif

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Last season they played Zatkoff in most games against NYI. So maybe Greiss will play... not so sure, tho. Probably next week in one of the Detroit or Philly games.

Michael8771*

Dupuis´s status will be determined tomorrow, but it´s possible that he plays. It would be great, because facing the Isles with Ebbett in the lineup and with some chaotic lines because of that wouldn´t be ideal.
Not by me it won't.

Michael8771*

I think whoever wins tonight, will do so decisively. 5-2 or 6-1, something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad