Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Habs | Loss | Pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
no one is going to be held accountable so save your breath….besides the usual suspects, I wouldnt be playing Jarry…bring up Tokarski….this team has zero chance of doing anything unless the goaltending is stellar and Jarry is giving me bad Fleury vibes…

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
They were faster and more resilient. Outshot the hell out of us, too.

L1 is awful.
L2 is incredible.
Bottom 6 is meh.

PP1 is worse than awful.
PK gives up too many chances.

I really think we're a coaching change away from looking much better, but I doubt that happens.
I'm with you now.

He isn't going to learn.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
just swap Raks and Rust. Raks isn't doing anything with Zucker and Malkin aside from good positioning. L1 was tremendous with Rakell, its such an obvious move.
Rust is playing so poorly though that he will tank Malkin's line.

Rust needs to be demoted to the bottom six for a few games, not to Malkin's line.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
Sullivan really has got nothing. CGR was awful but the dumbass ran them into the ground yesterday. Crosby is 35 and he played him 20 and 21 minutes while malkin and zucker are playing great getting less ice time when they're more rested. Does this guy do anything?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I want a new coach, but I don't think it's fixing anything.

Zucker had 3 points tonight and played 6 minutes less than Bryan Rust who played a total of six seconds on the PK.

If you want to pretend that accountable coaching won’t effect the end result feel free. GCR and our staff’s obsession with it is actively putting us out of the playoffs.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Mike Sullivan is so far past his expiration date I can smell him in San Diego.

Impossible to judge a team that plays Zucker and Rakell less than 13 minutes in a game when they are on fire.
Zucker or Rakell or both on the PP in place of Letang and Rust would be immediate passion and energy. They lose nothing defensively and gain a lot of effort.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Petry played it horribly. And I swear Jarry is over committing from side to side.

Plus, what's with Jarry's loose pads? It's creating gaps around his skates and accounted for at least one goal tonight.
Wonder if it has to do with his noninjury injury…lol

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Honestly, Sid, Rust and Letang should be embarrassed of themselves. Sure Rust is playing badly, but Sid is every bit as lousy in his own zone, and those three suck utter balls on the PP. At least Geno and Guentzel look like having a clue.

Jarry had stretches of keeping us in it, but again cannot shut down to get the save to win it. A somewhat heroic loser, he is.

Bylsma… eh… Sully… refusing to see what’s obvious.

Anyway… a B2B away and its three points. We can live with that. Just a shame with how L2 and Brock again gave us a shot.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
At some point, the Rust's, Sid's and Letang's of the world need to be better.

I get the accountability talk and Geno's line 100% needs more ice, but this isn't going to work no matter what if the other guys on the team don't improve drastically.

It isn't right, but guys like Sid and Letang would get incredible leeway no matter who they played for. Coaches who treat stars like anybody else don't last, generally..

SomeOldDude

May 27, 2016
VA
Sid and Rust need to sit for a while. It really pisses me off that he insisted everyone re-sign and then plays like he doesn't give a shit.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Zucker had 3 points tonight and played 6 minutes less than Bryan Rust who played a total of six seconds on the PK.
There's no comparison between Zucker and Rust. Zucker plays every shift like it's his last, for his teammates. Rust is fat and happy and watches superstars outwork him. He makes me sick to watch his lack of care.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
CGR didn't score all year at 5v5 two years ago and Sullivan still ran with it vs NYI. I don't see any hope of a permanent Rust demotion.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I mean yeah sure play the one line that has been playing well on this team more. Maybe a new coach does that.

We're still trotting out this defense and this bottom six. And a Rust who doesnt care. And our goaltending.

Just so many giant holes on this team that I don't see a new coach fixing.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Anyone see Sid recently?
1b1qxe.jpg

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I mean yeah sure play the one line that has been playing well on this team more. Maybe a new coach does that.

We're still trotting out this defense and this bottom six. And a Rust who doesnt care. And our goaltending.

Just so many giant holes on this team that I don't see a new coach fixing.

You know what’s cool. A different coach and belief can get players to play a different way.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad