Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Habs | Loss | Pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Still lots of Problems. However L1 and the PP being a disaster is the big key to turning this around. Fix that, and the rest of the problems will seem less severe.

Reactions: Angrrus

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I don't get the strategy of being so aggressive in OT. Could look at the 5/6 points on the road trip as good, or that they blew three leads tonight as really sucking.

Reactions: Andy99

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
There is 3 hours I am not getting back.

Oh, and Letang drives me nuts. Has an entire wing open in 3 on 3 ot, shoot? Nah, spin-o-rama pass.

The resulting chance wasn't bad, but if you have an entire open wing in the offensive zone shoot the puck!

This team still plays like they did when the horses were in their 20's but they need to simpify their offensive game at this point.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
We need to break up L1 but I'm not entirely sure how you do it.
Yeah, Rust needs to be demoted, but I don't know who you replace him with.

Malkin's line needs to stay together. McGinn is the best winger out of the bottom six, but I much prefer him on the left side than the right.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Lol Rakell and Malkin didn't deserve that after the game they played.

L1 is killing this team. Rust is killing L1. The fact that this coach continues to play him on L1 is ridiculous. How many goals have they let in? How many chances and odd man rushes? How many shifts do they get caved? They give momentum away each game.

How many times does the coach need to see Letang pump fake and kill the powerplay? We have a great one-timer and I haven't seen it in weeks. Letang never passes to Malkin until he can't shoot. Then he plays Rust there instead of Rakell. What the f*** is going on? This coach runs an old boys club and Rust and Letang are in it and Zucker and Rakell aren't.

Zucker is what Rust used to be. I've been hard on Rust and now I'm going to nuke him. He's so lazy. He's so f***ing entitled. He must think that he doesn't have to earn each shift anymore. He must think he's made it and he can pick which shift he works.

I'm watching guys like Rakell and Zucker and yes Malkin put everything they have on the ice for the team and then I watch Rust coast around and not miss a shift playing with a top 5 player all time.

This coach has major issues.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Jarry with plenty of rebounds and zero clutch factor (negative if considering the Isles series).
This is like JS Aubin copium all over again. Cut this mediocre farm boy loose, and find a real #1.

Reactions: ncm7772

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Yeah, Rust needs to be demoted, but I don't know who you replace him with.

Malkin's line needs to stay together. McGinn is the best winger out of the bottom six, but I much prefer him on the left side than the right.
just swap Raks and Rust. Raks isn't doing anything with Zucker and Malkin aside from good positioning. L1 was tremendous with Rakell, its such an obvious move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad