Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs. Flyers - Saturday March 19, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
In some people's eyes, Sullivan's use of Kunitz is grounds for firing him. Not only is that incredibly stupid, but it's a great way to end up not having a coach.

Yeah it's incredibly stupid. You will not find the perfect coach. Even Babcock who is loved like a god around here, played his vets, until they died. I have some problems with Sully but he deserves a shot next year (if he doesn't get embarassingly swept in the playoffs, what will not happen)

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
I guess a few games of desperation hockey makes everyone forget the usage of guys like Porter and Kunitz for the past few months. :laugh:

Noted; don't casually mention we could benefit from possibly finding a legit NHL coach for the first time in a decade instead of promoting from within. Got it. Yikes.

You'd think everyone wouldn't be so on edge with how this game's been. ;)
The widely regarded best coach in the game played Kris Draper and Dan Clearly until they literally died.

It's just dumb. Pens have been one of the hottest teams in the league the last 3 months but we gotta fire the coach and get rid of Cole who has been excellent lately so we can be perfect, which will never happen.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Flyers feed just showed a tweet that said 4 things everyone hates-
it then showed 4 images: the low wifi signal, buffering, low battery, and the Pens logo

Then they laughed, then Jones says,"What's the second one?" (buffering) the other guy says "low signal......no....I think it means down loading"

Then Jones says, "I don't use computers."

Philly fans top 5 ought to include Hygiene, Literacy, Sobriety, and Winning Stanley Cups along with The penguins...

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
They are similar in that they are both very fast. Dupuis was a much smarter player and was great along the boards. He was extremely productive even when not with Crosby. I like Rust, but he has less than 10 career points

Rust is good along the boards. Rust has also played 50 career games. And Dupuis wasn't always 'extremely prodcutive.' He barely played during the Cup run, and when he wasn't with Sid here, he was with Staal. Hardly a difficult situation to produce in.

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. I never said Rust was equal to Dupuis right now, just that Rust can bring similar to what Dupuis did for 1/6 the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad