GDT: | Pens vs Flyers | April 2nd 1800hrs | Were flying somewhere, not sure where yet

Would you rather:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
The product is shit, and yet.... there's not enough gif shit posting happening, lightweights...
michael-scott-steve-carell.gif

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Pens last 17 years is so superior to the Flyers and imagine being a Flyers fan who was used to being one of the premier franchises only to have the Clarks and Hextalls just keep a crap franchise going. Pens need a win and playing for something is better than not. But if the message is clear to FSG abot needed changes , then maybe it takes not making the playoffs to get their attention.

Don't let Holmgren off the hook.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
penguins-of-madagascar-rico.gif

vs

adams2.gif

Philadelphia Flyers
(29-33-13, seventh in the Metropolitan Division)

vs.

Pittsburgh Penguins
(37-29-10, fifth in the Metropolitan Division)

Pittsburgh; Sunday, 6 p.m. EDT

mxzor67f6aw01.jpg

BOTTOM LINE:

The Philadelphia Flyers visit the Pittsburgh Penguins after Morgan Frost scored two goals in the Flyers' 6-3 loss to the Buffalo Sabres.

Pittsburgh has gone 37-29-10 overall with a 9-9-5 record in Metropolitan Division play. The Penguins have gone 33-7-6 when scoring at least three goals.

Philadelphia has a 29-33-13 record overall and a 6-11-6 record in Metropolitan Division play. The Flyers have a 25-8-7 record in games they score three or more goals.

The matchup Sunday is the third meeting between these teams this season. The Penguins won 4-1 in the last meeting. Bryan Rust led the Penguins with two goals.

5546019_web1_AP96092801520.jpg

TOP PERFORMERS:

Sidney Crosby has 31 goals and 55 assists for the Penguins. Jake Guentzel has eight goals and three assists over the past 10 games.

Scott Laughton has scored 18 goals with 23 assists for the Flyers. Frost has six goals and four assists over the past 10 games.

s-l500.jpg

LAST 10 GAMES:

Penguins: 3-7-0, averaging 2.7 goals, 4.4 assists, 3.3 penalties and 6.9 penalty minutes while giving up 3.4 goals per game.

Flyers: 5-3-2, averaging 3.6 goals, 5.6 assists, 4.2 penalties and 13.2 penalty minutes while giving up 3.5 goals per game.

944a8fce9e6e1bc59594ca6a56c27638.jpg

INJURIES:

Penguins:
Marcus Pettersson: out (undisclosed), Nick Bonino: out (kidney), Dmitry Kulikov: out (lower body), Jan Rutta: out (undisclosed).

Flyers:
Cam Atkinson: out for season (neck), Carter Hart: day to day (lower body), Ryan Ellis: out for season (back), Sean Couturier: out (back).

AP_9704260356-e1607958183317-1024x683.jpg

Literally nothing about Letang’s 1000th game lol?

Literally nothing about Letang’s 1000th game lol?

Scroll down dumbass.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I’ve went too long with us being in the playoffs. I don’t even remember the feeling of not being excited for them. They can’t miss.

I hope they don’t. But with Florida and NYI’s play versus ours and the schedule we have versus theirs I don’t see how it is possible we make it.

The big issue is NYI and Florida only need to tie us. And we are incapable of getting loser points.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I hope they don’t. But with Florida and NYI’s play versus ours and the schedule we have versus theirs I don’t see how it is possible we make it.

The big issue is NYI and Florida only need to tie us. And we are incapable of getting loser points.
Florida has a pretty hard schedule actually. Carolina, Toronto, Washington, Ottawa, Buffalo. By strength of schedule (source: NHL Remaining Schedule Strength | Tankathon) theirs is significantly harder than ours. We in fact have one of the easiest schedules remaining. The Devils and Minny are hard, but we *should* (lol this team etc) be able to handle the other games. And remember that Minnesota is missing Kaprizov too. They're playing well, but that's a home game for us. We should be able to win that one.

The Isles schedule is a little more mid. Car/Tampa, but also Montreal, Philly, Washington.

But like I said, this team needs to worry about its own business and just win some damned games. I don't think playing .500 hockey the rest of the way is getting us in. Gonna have to string together a 2 or 3 game win streak at some point here

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Florida has a pretty hard schedule actually. Carolina, Toronto, Washington, Ottawa, Buffalo. By strength of schedule (source: NHL Remaining Schedule Strength | Tankathon) theirs is significantly harder than ours. We in fact have one of the easiest schedules remaining. The Devils and Minny are hard, but we *should* (lol this team etc) be able to handle the other games. And remember that Minnesota is missing Kaprizov too. They're playing well, but that's a home game for us. We should be able to win that one.

The Isles schedule is a little more mid. Car/Tampa, but also Montreal, Philly, Washington.

But like I said, this team needs to worry about its own business and just win some damned games. I don't think playing .500 hockey the rest of the way is getting us in. Gonna have to string together a 2 or 3 game win streak at some point here
But order of those games matters. Re-posting this for the GDT.

NYI - 87 points
5 games remaining: CAR, TBL, PHI, WSH, MTL

FLA - 85 points
5 games remaining: BUF, OTT, WSH, TOR, CAR

PIT - 84 points
6 games remaining: PHI, NJD, MIN, DET, CHI, CBJ

BUF - 81 points
7 games remaining: FLA, DET, CAR, NYR, NJD, OTT, CBJ

For Florida, my biggest worry is how they get TOR and CAR in the final 2 games (both games that TOR and CAR are looking to rest players).

We really need a CAR win tonight against NYI.

Reactions: Gurglesons

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
It's almost the end of the season and even after watching many games, I could not tell you the structure the Pens play with.
The strat is to take an extra second before softly shooting into a defender, blind backhand passes cross ice while dmen are pinched to the faceoff circles, and goalies who stand on their head one day and look like they were dropped on their head the next.

blackhawks1.gif

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
It's pretty incredible that we are still in the playoff hunt considering our propensity for throwing leads away and the fact that we haven't won a game that wasn't close until the final minutes since Tampa decided to basically take a nap for a period more than a month ago. And before that there was a stretch of more than two months without such a win. Basically the Pens can't put teams away at all. Every win feels like a huge struggle. So all these calculations about games that they should win seem pointless to me, even if I were to forget how many such games they have managed to lose in regulation in the last few weeks alone.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
For Florida, my biggest worry is how they get TOR and CAR in the final 2 games (both games that TOR and CAR are looking to rest players).

We really need a CAR win tonight against NYI.
Carolina might not rest players. They're trying to win the division and NJ is breathing down their necks.

Toronto, you're probably right. Doesn't seem like Tampa is catching them.

In any case our last two games are against Chicago and Columbus. So if we put ourselves in the right spot heading into those last 2, there's no excuses.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Carolina might not rest players. They're trying to win the division and NJ is breathing down their necks.

In any case our last two games are against Chicago and Columbus. So if we put ourselves in the right spot heading into those last 2, there's no excuses.
Hope youre right about Carolina. And yep the TOR/TBL matchup is already decided.

Reactions: Pancakes

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
1KRIS.

lol.

Toronto is resting players right now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad