GDT: | Pens vs Flames | Nov 23rd 1900hrs EST | And the Pens go marching on

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
59 - 87 - 71
58 - 26

is being used as PP1 in practice 🙏

Not perfect but I'm intrigued to see Sid as net front and Malkin on right wall.
Sorry Rusty. Shouldn't have sucked.
not perfect is a stretch...its a joke to have two dman on PP, good teams now have all five forwards on, I assume now Petry is to be on the top and Tanger on the left wall, can't wait to see puck go around until its intercepted...somebody is paying these coaches to come up with this shit?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

NJeHQmy.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
not perfect is a stretch...its a joke to have two dman on PP, good teams now have all five forwards on, I assume now Petry is to be on the top and Tanger on the left wall, can't wait to see puck go around until its intercepted...somebody is paying these coaches to come up with this shit?

It's really dumb and a throwback to like the 80s, I agree. But at least Rust got the ol hook and Malkin, Guentzel and Sid are all approximately where they SHOULD be.

Won't matter because their lame attempts at long-ranged forced drop passes on entry will sink them. It's like they are trying to do a crappy Wish version of what Detroit used to do with Zetts/Dats on their entries.

reino

Jul 20, 2019
Rust's been demoted from L1 and PP1 and they are 20 games in. Hopefully this will wake him up and back to playing more hard working style. Limited minutes should keep him more fresh also.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I think we'll have better screens, deflections, rebound chances and more quality shots from the right side.
I'd like Rakell to replace Jake, but otherwise I'm ok with trying this.
Petry at least brings a directness. I'm fine with him getting his chance to help PP1 here.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
If Rust doesn’t have a decent game tonight, it’s time to move him down to l3 or l4 for a bit. There’s no good reason why Geno and Zucker should have to wear themselves out trying to make up for his play.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'd flip Heinen and Poehling. Give Poehling a bit of a more offensive role and increase his minutes, and Heinen's hot dookie.

Also hope Letang and Rust round a corner sooner than later. They're both aggravating as f*** to watch. :laugh:

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I'd flip Heinen and Poehling. Give Poehling a bit of a more offensive role and increase his minutes, and Heinen's hot dookie.

Also hope Letang and Rust round a corner sooner than later. They're both aggravating as f*** to watch. :laugh:

Nah TB needs something. They have been playing well too. Heinen would look way worse on line 4. He should either be on line 3 or out of the line up.

Reactions: Trade

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
I really like Petry on PP1. Don’t care that Montreal claimed he was trash on the PP, we have way too much skill for our PP to be so bad.

I think adding a guy that’ll just rip pucks on net and make the easy pass will do wonders.

Reactions: canadianguy77

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I really like Petry on PP1. Don’t care that Montreal claimed he was trash on the PP, we have way too much skill for our PP to be so bad.

I think adding a guy that’ll just rip pucks on net and make the easy pass will do wonders.
Unfortunately, Sullivan will never do that. That I know for sure.

Reactions: Trade

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Feels like every game the Penguins have played lately has had a ceremony beforehand. If all for this one though :)

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Geno rules. So glad he's reached this number in a Pens uni. Whatever comes next, I'll always appreciate that.

Letang is on pace to hit 1000gp this year too, if he doesn't get hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00