Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
winning-vin.gif
Rick Tocchet ain't here no more.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Let's hope Thompson lights up Florida. Buffalo should be pretty motivated, given that they're not eliminated yet.
Let's also hope that Elliott can play above his norm and screw over the Isles too.
Feels like we'll need more help to get in. I don't trust this team to go on a heater.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
We need 2 of the injured Dmen to get healthy. That's the only way we'll see Ruh get the press box.

Which is disappointing bc I've liked Friedman's game lately

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Can someone explain why DOC gets the 4th line and Heinen is on L3?

If the 3rd line has any chance of scoring, DOC is the threat- not Poehling or Granlund

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think Sullivan wants DOC with Carter because DOC with his speed and puck possession can make Carter less of a problem.

Basically DOC is there to carry Carter lol.
Yes but he could also double shift DOC on L3 at times…DOC can play more than 8 min a night even though Carter shouldn’t lol

Reactions: DisIsMyLife

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
Is Ty Smith eligible for an emergency loan? Where is the sense of urgency by the staff here? This seems like meh we will go with the same lines until we lose BS. Doesn't Smith like Marino have a certain extra something to play for in this one? That’s where I believe this regime (Coach and FO) should be let go. They have no wits about them until it’s too late. They’ll only think of it when Marino scores two tonight.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Is Ty Smith eligible for an emergency loan? Where is the sense of urgency by the staff here? This seems like meh we will go with the same lines until we lose BS. Doesn't Smith like Marino have a certain extra something to play for in this one? That’s where I believe this regime (Coach and FO) should be let go. They have no wits about them until it’s too late. They’ll only think of it when Marino scores two tonight.

Ty was out with injury for a bit up until recently. But he should have been the next Dman called up during the season. Ruh and Friedman will be who they are, no sense getting them additional playing time at the expense of this kid.

Terrible roster management this season

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Can someone explain why DOC gets the 4th line and Heinen is on L3?

If the 3rd line has any chance of scoring, DOC is the threat- not Poehling or Granlund
Because we put together a line of DOC-Carter-Arch that wasn't a complete dumpster fire for 1 game. So...naturally...it will stick until all of the pieces are charred and buried in the dirt.

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
Five games left and we send Nylander down. I was just really hoping it would be for Smith until Rutta and Pettersson come back. And what better time than now? I predict Marino gets at least one goal.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

He had a facial fracture. Think he has 2 or 3 goals in his last few games since being back.

Reactions: BillPrep

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Five games left and we send Nylander down. I was just really hoping it would be for Smith until Rutta and Pettersson come back. And what better time than now? I predict Marino gets at least one goal.
Emergency recalls. Pens now are more healthy and cant keep him up. Also cant call Smith up do to same reasons, unless they want to waste one of the 4 regular recalls allowed.

Reactions: BillPrep

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Besides the goaltending disparity between us and NJ in the games we’ve played them, here’s another reason we don’t win lol…

“The Penguins have been outscored, 94-82, in the final 20 minutes of regulation this season, while New Jersey has run up a 93-62 edge in goals during the third period.”

Reactions: SEALBound

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
He had a facial fracture. Think he has 2 or 3 goals in his last few games since being back.
Perfect time to get him in there for a game or two. This is playoff desperation where outside of the box thinking is usually in play by the winner.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Besides the goaltending disparity between us and NJ in the games we’ve played them, here’s another reason we don’t win lol…

“The Penguins have been outscored, 94-82, in the final 20 minutes of regulation this season, while New Jersey has run up a 93-62 edge in goals during the third period.”

It's been a pattern for the past couple of seasons: can't keep a lead. Can't overcome a deficit.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

They've GOT to figure out a way to maintain leads. I believe there's been a lot of talk from the broadcasters about the Penguins being the worst (or at the bottom) at goals allowed in the first and last minute.

There's only so much coaching can do on that. These guys HAVE to start right, TJ/CDS HAS to start right, and they have to finish every period HARD. It all comes down to simply not being lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad