Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs. CBJ 12.9.13

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
as others have mentioned, actually don't mind Jokinen - Malkin - Megna. Like it better, "structurally", than Jokinen - Malkin - Neal. Assuming no one gets hurt (hahaha), that should be a capable second line for the next 1-5 games.

difcog

Oct 24, 2013
So happy to see Borts back in the game! Could it be Maatta that sits and not Despres?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
probably the wrong thread, but it should make for an interesting discussion that doesn't center on bashing Disco (for the first few posts, anyhow), so, gentlemen, start your engines:

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/410084717824712704

Wow. That's quite a jump. We'll see but I thought a 4Mish increase was much more likely / that the owners' objective was to get back to last year's cap level, in 2 years.

That said it is the wrong thread, so once the numbers are announced, I'm sure someone will make the thread and I'll move the related posts here ... over there.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Dear god that 2nd PP unit is atrocious. Hopefully they never end up needing to play.

Happy Bort is back in, but if it means Despres is sitting, then F off, Dan.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If Neal ends up not suspended by NHL then the team should suspend him a few games to tell him that **** does not fly here. We aren't the Bruins/Flyers.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Dear god thay 2nd PP unit is atrocious. Hopefully they never end up needing to play.

Happy Bort is back in, but if it means Despres is sitting, then F off, Dan.

I'm sure it will. If Bortuzzo is playing, then Dumoulin or Despres are the ones sitting since all 3 rotated on D this morning. They might want to just evaluate Dumoulin though, and don't really have any intention on playing him. Just a little promotion for playing well in the AHL while Brooks is out, because they need somebody in case an injury happens pre-game.

One could dream... Although one could also dream of the day Engelland fills his rightful spot as a #7 emergency defenseman/13th emergency forward.

LaughAtMyPain

'91 '92 '09 '16 '17
Oct 26, 2013
If Neal ends up not suspended by NHL then the team should suspend him a few games to tell him that **** does not fly here. We aren't the Bruins/Flyers.

I completely agree with this statement.

With Neal almost definitely being suspended, I understand wanting Geno out on the ice again. It's great that he is back in the lineup, but I was actually hoping for him to return on Friday just to make sure that he is fully recuperated from his recent minor injury.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

With Neal almost definitely being suspended, I understand wanting Geno out on the ice again. It's great that he is back in the lineup, but I was actually hoping for him to return on Friday just to make sure that he is fully recuperated from his recent minor injury.

I'm assuming Geno's fully recovered and have no reason to think otherwise.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I'd rather have a 100% healthy and still finally back in beast mode Geno, then a rushed back and still injured and back to not playing like how he should and can be playing for the next few weeks or months Geno.

Besides, even if he had sat out until Friday...it's only Columbus. Who cares about Columbus really. :laugh:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I really don't get it either. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Bortuzzo for a pick the way they did last year with Lovejoy

Which would be pretty stupid considering Bortuzzo can be a VERY useful player for us. Next year, when there is a logjam on D, sure, move him for a pick, but this year? With all the injuries, get Engo back at forward and use the better d-man (Bortuzzo). That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
where is this notion that Geno's not fully healthy coming from? Did I miss a report on the injury saying it was something even somewhat serious?

stefanh

Aug 13, 2006
Gothenburg
If we are to move defenders doing it with 3 veteran D:s injured would not be the time to do it.

As for geno if he's healthy and ready to play he should play simple as that. Since no one even have a clue what the injury was about we can only go with the coaches and doctors judgement in this case

wopper

Jan 12, 2009
If we are to move defenders doing it with 3 veteran D:s injured would not be the time to do it.

As for geno if he's healthy and ready to play he should play simple as that. Since no one even have a clue what the injury was about we can only go with the coaches and doctors judgement in this case

I don't know where that notion came from either, but I have always found it really suspicious that players are always ready right as others go back down. I feel like they are either healthy or not healthy, not "healthy enough."

Neal's out so Malkin's in even though he had no chance of playing the last 2 games. 2 more days and he's 100%?

Kobasew was out over a month and he comes back with no word when other injuries happen. Happens all the time with this team.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't know where that notion came from either, but I have always found it really suspicious that players are always ready right as others go back down. I feel like they are either healthy or not healthy, not "healthy enough."

Neal's out so Malkin's in even though he had no chance of playing the last 2 games. 2 more days and he's 100%?

Kobasew was out over a month and he comes back with no word when other injuries happen. Happens all the time with this team.

You contradict yourself in this post. In the top you say players are either healthy or they are not. Then you are confused that Malkin would go from not playing in 2 games to all of a sudden playing in the game tonight. Why would that be surprising? He was injured and now he's not. There's nothing to see here.

DockEllisExperience

Feb 1, 2007
Pittsburgh
I don't like Engo NOT playing right D either.

Maata-Letang
Despres-Niskanen
Dumoulin-Bortuzzo/Engelland

would be better.

Bylsma jumping off the Clemente Bridge on his way to the arena would be better.

This gave me a good Monday chuckle, so thanks for that. I'll be walking over the Clemente on the way to the game this evening so I'll be sure to check if Dan is in the Allegheny or not.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Would you agree for Pens to match Neals 5 games by the NHL? Would not matter anyway since he would be gone for 5 games regardless.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
At this point, I'm worried bort is not in game shape, will have a poor (by his standards, not engelland's) game, and ride pine some more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad