Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs. CBJ 12.9.13

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Figured I'd start a pre-game thread rather than add this to the suspension thread

NEWS ALERT: the #Pens have recalled defenseman Brian Dumoulin from @WBSPenguins and placed Brooks Orpik on IR @penguins

#Pens lines at morning skate: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis, Jokinen-Malkin-Megna, Conner-Sutter-Vitale, Adams-Sill-Kobasew @penguins

#Pens D at morning skate: Maatta-Letang, Engelland-Niskanen. Despres, Dumoulin and Bortuzzo rotated. @penguins

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Interesting that he moved Vitale up to RW.
Sill's back in his natural position.

ETA: Good to see Malkin back.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Amen WRT to Geno. Things were getting ugly around here with the injury and suspension situation.

Yah I'd leave Vitale at C and move Sutter to LW... see how that works for a game or two. See if he can get some nice shots on his off-wing.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Only thing I care about is how much pp time Engelland gets. If it's under 2 minutes, I'm going to be disappointed.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I don't like Engo NOT playing right D either.

Maata-Letang
Despres-Niskanen
Dumoulin-Bortuzzo/Engelland

would be better.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
That second line could actually be decent if Juice fires up his game a little and Geno and Megna find some chemistry. Not likely, but possible.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Thank God Geno's back. This game would be amazingly bad without him. Hope they're not rushing him back because Neal's out.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
That second line could actually be decent if Juice fires up his game a little and Geno and Megna find some chemistry. Not likely, but possible.

I thought that too. It all looks so much better with Malkin being in again. Great that he's back.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Why is Engo considered a fixture on the blue line when Bortuzzo is easily the superior player? It makes no sense, NONE!

bylsma1_330.jpg

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Malkin practicing on the 1st PP unit with Letang, Crosby, Kunitz and Jokinen. The 2nd unit is Maatta, Niskanen, Kobasew, Dupuis, Sutter -MC @PensInsideScoop

Good sign Malkin will be in tonight ... good to have some good news

Brian Dumoulin is wearing #8 for the #Pens. The 2011-12 Hobey Baker finalist has 1G-5A in 22 games… http://instagram.com/p/htOOH-upAU/ @penguins

Megna takes first line rush on Malkin's left wing, then Jokinen. #Penguins @pgshelly

James Neal didn't do line rushes, but he's on the ice now at #Penguins skate. @pgshelly

Bylsma: Fleury starting. No other lineup info given. #Penguins @pgshelly

One more

Bylsma noted that D Robert Bortuzzo will be in the lineup for the #Pens tonight @penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad