Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Caps | win | Geno redemption goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
How did Sullivan not take a timeout when the Caps tied it 3-3 and were turning the puck over and giving WSH chances to win? How is possible he did not take a time out? I am baffled! We lucked out of this one for sure! I am thankful for it, but Sully sucks!
I'm guessing because he hates your house.

• Haha
Reactions: Dessloch

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
OK,
Number 1 rule from now on...when CDS plays well in the first don't praise him because he will let a couple of easies
Letang was a total mess tonight, just turnover after turnover, that 3rd goal he made about three plays to let them score, he was awful on PP,
2 and 8 were good so were 4 and 52
L1 was a mess, Rust is killing them Sid and Jake were Ok
L2 was good to very good, Geno was very good, not sure why he was to blame for that 4 on 4 goal, it was still 4 on 4 play f***ing hockey
L3 was good too

maybe continue with that L2 with Zuck and Granlund wish he would make L3 DOC Poehling and Rust

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
OK,
Number 1 rule from now on...when CDS plays well in the first don't praise him because he will let a couple of easies
Letang was a total mess tonight, just turnover after turnover, that 3rd goal he made about three plays to let them score, he was awful on PP,
2 and 8 were good so were 4 and 52
L1 was a mess, Rust is killing them Sid and Jake were Ok
L2 was good to very good, Geno was very good, not sure why he was to blame for that 4 on 4 goal, it was still 4 on 4 play f***ing hockey
L3 was good too

maybe continue with that L2 with Zuck and Granlund wish he would make L3 DOC Poehling and Rust
Because he took a penalty on a powerplay that turned the game. So that’s fine in your book? The avatar checks out.

• Haha
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
A f***ing impressive three game run, too. Erratic as shit, frustratingly Penguin, but the last three games punks the stupid "loser" motif.
Last 4 have been solid, really. The two losses were simply egregious finishing.
Today they scored 4 on 19 high danger chances, so they won. League average rate, more or less.
Last game was 2 goals on 25 HDCF's.

If they play with this much heart until the end then I'll be satisfied, whatever happens.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
So we blew a three goal lead with under what eight minutes? Fortunately one of the games best players found the back of the net. Pittsburgh is very lucky to win this game after that late debacle. Lucky as hell!

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I have to say, as a fan of hockey, this game was a treat. We don’t have much longer to watch those Ovie PP bombs or the Geno celebrations. I’m going to soak it all up while we still can.
Well said. Tough games to watch when you badly need the two points but I love it.

Games like this are why I still want playoff hockey. This is what it's all about.

We will miss meaningful hockey when it's gone. I don't know how well people remember the post Jagr pre Sid years any more, but they were not at all fun. And there's no guarantee our next rebuild goes anywhere near as quick or as well.

We might be out of the playoffs for a decade like Buffalo once Sid and Geno retire. So soak it all up, enjoy whatever is left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad