Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Caps | Shootout loss | Just like the good 'ole days, terrible goaltending included!

Who would you rather in net?

• CDS

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Kuemper

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Hex

Votes: 24 82.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I mentioned Henrique a few weeks ago but was told he isn't good defensively, but I am sure he can create more offense than Blueger.

"He doesn't fit cause he doesn't play Sally hockey" :laugh:

But ever notice Sally hockey sucks defensively?

He's not good defensively. But if we run L4 as a defensive match up once Archibald comes back as DOC - Poehling - Archibald, I'd be okay with a McGinn - Henrique - Carter L3.

Don't really see why we do it though?

Reactions: Night Shift

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Ovechkin can eat a Cleveland Steamer.

It's totally awesome that our franchise LW 30-40G scorer has been putrid at 5v5 for a while and there's no solution.
I prefer Jake-Rakell and Zucker-Rust as combos, given Zucker and Rakell will actually forecheck and work for pucks whereas the other two just kinda float around and hope to collect points. I don't really care which winger combo is with which center, nor do I think it makes a big difference.

I've been talking about it in the cap thread but finding a scoring line LW to allow more options for lines 1 and 2 would be grand. Don't know how you find that guy though with the state of the league as far as cap/trades, and this team's absolutely barren prospect pool and relatively worthless late-ish 1st rounders.

-edit- Hell, any kind of impact top-6 winger. A RW to drop Rust to the 3rd line (lol Sully), a LW to drop Zucker to the 3rd line since GCRust must always be, and I think Rakell's best suited as a jack of all trades as opposed to a guy you lean on for production.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If we want to try to salvage the season (which is a reasonably debatable question), why not make a big trade?

I've been talking about it in the cap thread but finding a scoring line LW to allow more options for lines 1 and 2 would be grand. Don't know how you find that guy though with the state of the league as far as cap/trades, and this team's absolutely barren prospect pool and relatively worthless late-ish 1st rounders.
I dunno either, but the only realistic pieces to garner that return are going to be players like Jake and Rust.

I really don't give a shit if Jake stays, tbh. Rust either.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If we want to try to salvage the season (which is a reasonably debatable question), why not make a big trade?

I dunno either, but the only realistic pieces to garner that return are going to be players like Jake and Rust.

I really don't give a shit if Jake stays, tbh. Rust either.
Yep. Shop 'em both. No harm is seeing what's out there, and in the event that a Jake or Rust deal bombs; oh well. Team goes from a perennial "thanks for showing up, tee time's at 7am" 1st round exit to missing entirely, and tbh, who even f***ing cares anymore? :laugh:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yep. Shop 'em both. No harm is seeing what's out there, and in the event that a Jake or Rust deal bombs; oh well. Team goes from a perennial "thanks for showing up, tee time's at 7am" 1st round exit to missing entirely, and tbh, who even f***ing cares anymore? :laugh:
Oh no, we might watch Rust blow another season on RW and further devalue his dumb self.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Oh no, we might watch Rust blow another season on RW and further devalue his dumb self.
A big part of the whole discussion is not only trying to find a better combination of scoring line forwards, but also taking away a toy from a coach who can't help himself but screw things up with.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
A big part of the whole discussion is not only trying to find a better combination of scoring line forwards, but also taking away a toy from a coach who can't help himself but screw things up with.
I mean, so much of the refusal to trade players around here is the fear that we "might not play well" which is impressively stupid considering we haven't played well this entire season.

"Oh they're homegrown talent!"

Who gives a slimy rat shit? People are dumb.

Sell them when they have value, dummies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I mean, so much of the refusal to trade players around here is the fear that we "might not play well" which is impressively stupid considering we haven't played well this entire season.

100%

I still think the time to move Rust was last deadline, but ah well.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
100%

I still think the time to move Rust was last deadline, but ah well.
Well, yeah, but I don't get the percentage in waiting to see if he finally remembers how to play hockey sometime next season.

It's a good deal, it's a moveable contract. The only problem is the front office and idiot bench middle management have decided he is Teh Penguin. That alone should be reason to move his lame ass.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You know, I hate a lot of things about the team right now (Sully's coaching included) but we could be a better team next year.

- No Dumo

- Rework the bottom six

- Re-sign Zucker or don't. If we don't, use those cap savings on someone else to slot in there

- Make room for both Smith and POJ to play. Give DOC full time job. See if other WBS guys are ready.

Assuming Sid/Geno/Letang don't suddenly fall off a cliff, we could be a much improved team next year if Hextall manages the off season properly.

There's your glass half full take.

The glass half empty take is maybe Hextall does all of those things but we keep Sullivan and it just doesn't matter because he ends up misusing the roster he's given

We’ve been saying this for the last 5 seasons. Each time the common denominator is Sullivan who continuously f***s it up with his usage and utilization.

So keep hoping for the cap and players gone. We literally have a better option than Ruhwedel and he keeps using Ruhwedel. He also keeps murdering the bottom 6 with the worst deployment.

I think the biggest thing lost here is that the GM will get players the coach can use and works for him. That right there, that f***s us.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I’m all for dumping Dumoulin for anything, picks at best, same for Heinen and even dumping Ruhwedel so Friedman has a spot and Sullivan has no other choice.

Hard to make moves when the coach won’t even use other options and keeps using the garbage ones when there are better options. But they’re not veteran enough so Sully says nah.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I’m all for dumping Dumoulin for anything, picks at best, same for Heinen and even dumping Ruhwedel so Friedman has a spot and Sullivan has no other choice.

Hard to make moves when the coach won’t even use other options and keeps using the garbage ones when there are better options. But they’re not veteran enough so Sully says nah.
You're not wrong, but at the same time, moving players so that the coach doesn't f*** up means we've already lost any real chance at anything. Coach should go first, but I don't really see the point in hanging on to Jake or Rust anyway with the way they're playing.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Also, nobody's gonna give a rat's ass about waiver fodder like Ruhwedel, Heinen, Friedman, or Blueger. Dumo might get some dipshit GM's interest because of his resume, but he's not going anywhere. Ditto for Carter.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Ruhwedel, Heinen, Friedman, or Blueger
The bolded are absolutely throw-in trash fodder for whatever deal we make.

Friedman is fine, but we're also getting nothing for a gritty 3rd pairing guy. This whole team is basically composed of Sid, Geno, Letang, Jake/Rust-kinda and then weird generic/washed up has-beens.

We f***ed, might as well make it interesting.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The bolded are absolutely throw-in trash fodder for whatever deal we make.

Friedman is fine, but we're also getting nothing for a gritty 3rd pairing guy. This whole team is basically composed of Sid, Geno, Letang, Jake/Rust-kinda and then weird generic/washed up has-beens.

We f***ed, might as well make it interesting.
I like Friedman because I prefer a shit-disturber nobody AHL caliber guy to Ruhwedel's bland as f*** AHL caliber guy, but I still think they're both kinda trash. But again, at least Friedman does chaotic shit sometimes. That's cool.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I like Friedman because I prefer a shit-disturber nobody AHL caliber guy to Ruhwedel's bland as f*** AHL caliber guy, but I still think they're both kinda trash. But again, at least Friedman does chaotic shit sometimes. That's cool.
All 3rd pairing guys are basically trash anyway, so at least get one that makes games interesting. I am tired of watching our ineffectual "positional" bullshit.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
All 3rd pairing guys are basically trash anyway, so at least get one that makes games interesting. I am tired of watching our ineffectual "positional" bullshit.
For sure, but I think both those guys are "3rd pairing at best". Again, I prefer Friedman and wish he got a bit more time, but they're both garbage. Definitely much bigger problems to worry about, but none of the above will be addressed. :laugh: Cool.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What? Don’t tell me we’re going to go without a second goalie again lol…Sullivan really despises change, even for the better lol

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
What? Don’t tell me we’re going to go without a second goalie again lol…Sullivan really despises change, even for the better lol

Change is frowned upon from the front office down.

Stick with what you know even if it hasn’t worked, right?

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad