Favorite Keyboard Expert phrase?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Come all ye keyboard experts, the Pens have lost 3 in a row. Its time for us to to be united in why this team is failing as of late!

giphy.gif

vs

:caps

giphy.gif

Washington Capitals (24-12-9, fourth in the Metropolitan)

vs.
Pittsburgh Penguins (27-11-7, third in the Metropolitan)

Pittsburgh; Tuesday, 7 p.m. EST

BOTTOM LINE:
Pittsburgh takes on Washington looking to end its three-game home skid.
The Penguins have gone 6-2-0 against division opponents. Pittsburgh averages only 3.0 penalties per game, the least in the Eastern Conference. Mark Friedman leads them averaging 0.3.
The Capitals are 7-2-1 against the rest of their division.

Washington is sixth in the Eastern Conference averaging 3.2 goals per game, led by Alex Ovechkin with 29.
In their last meeting on Dec. 10, Pittsburgh won 4-2.

TOP PERFORMERS:
Jake Guentzel leads the Penguins with 23 goals and has 43 points. Sidney Crosby has seven goals and seven assists over the last 10 games for Pittsburgh.

Evgeny Kuznetsov leads the Capitals with 30 total assists and has 43 points. Ovechkin has five goals over the last 10 games for Washington.

LAST 10 GAMES:
Penguins: 6-2-2, averaging 3.4 goals, 5.9 assists, 2.9 penalties and 6.9 penalty minutes while giving up 2.9 goals per game with a .911 save percentage.

Capitals: 4-5-1, averaging 2.5 goals, 3.9 assists, three penalties and 6.7 penalty minutes while giving up 2.4 goals per game with a .915 save percentage.

INJURIES:
Capitals: Michal Kempny: out (health protocols).

giphy.gif

pens-1.jpg

pens-2.jpg

pens-3.jpg

pens-4.jpg

pens-5.jpg

pens-6.jpg

200w.gif

Data/info, per usual, provided by TSN, ESPN and NHL.com

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The kool aid gang after seeing this team as of late:

769d2b1a18dc4cd7028cb3be5175e01b1a7f3f51.gif

17 wins in x games! They are just tired! X games in x days! Back to back champs! Games don’t matter until March! Sullivan 4 Jack Adams! Injuries!

Go Pens. Hopefully the top 6 can carry us to a win.

Last edited:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

17 wins in x games! They are just tired! X games in x days! Back to back champs! Games don’t matter until March! Sullivan 4 Jack Adams! Injuries!

Thats been a good one of late, Ill have to add it.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

There's time where criticism is more than warranted. Right now it certainly is with the current coaching job being done.

The bright spots for me are the first line looking like a first line. Mostly Sid looking better than he has in a long while is exciting.

Jarry isn't super human, though he's covered this team's flaws for half a season superbly. He's been good not great lately and bc of that the poor coaching decisions get under more heat.

If we want to compete we need to start finding answers about where players like Kapanen, ERod, Carter, Zohorna, etc are going to best thrive.

A coach stating we need more consistent effort yet hamstrings his lines is rich. Come on Man!

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Sid's looking a thousand times better except in his 2-way play, which would normally be fine if we weren't stuck with Dumo trying his hardest to look like Marino who's trying his best to look like Ernest P. Worrell. :laugh:

I'm hoping a day of rest does wonders for them, but woof. That was some magical thinkin' last game. :laugh:

Reactions: Andy99

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
It would be awesome to see Sid get 2 goals tomorrow night so he can get his 500th in front of a home crowd with Ovechkin in attendance. I always like when those two are present for one another's milestones.

Here's hoping the defense looks competent; it's increasingly looking like an area of concern that needs to be addressed, but I think this group is capable of better play.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Big game.

Divisional rival.
The Caps
Ovechkin
500 goals?
Seeding

This game has it all and is must watch. So much watch I won't even be at my house league tomorrow. That's right I will be cracking my first beer in 2 and a half weeks watching the Penguins play hockey for 20 minutes and the Capitals running over a AHL team for the other 40.

Let's go.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Let’s hope Sully doesnt play checkers tomorrow while the Caps play chess.

would-idiot.gif

Yes Sully, an idiot would play ZAR and Simon.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I vote other. Big fan of

"Why don't we bring up prospect XYZ instead of ZAR/Simon/Boyle/Angello etc"

*Prospect gets called up, plays in same tiny role as those guys**

"Sully hates prospects and ruins them"

Zohorna-Geno-Puustinen

If nothing else I'd be glued in to see it. Hell see how Nylander looks with the big guys.
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
icegif-1850.gif

Saving this post for updates/tweets I may want to add later:

it’s almost like Sullivan doesn’t look at the analytics lol…but everything went to shit anyway when Geno returned, he ruined team chemistry!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sid's looking a thousand times better except in his 2-way play, which would normally be fine if we weren't stuck with Dumo trying his hardest to look like Marino who's trying his best to look like Ernest P. Worrell. :laugh:

I'm hoping a day of rest does wonders for them, but woof. That was some magical thinkin' last game. :laugh:

Dumo probably struggled to get his skate off Sunday, his ankle swelled and now he can’t get them back on lol…he was terrible last game…will now be announced that he’s out week to week lol

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I mean, people were losing their shit about Zohorna saying he's gonna be nothing, we should keep Angello up, he can't out play Jankowski. And this year he's pretty much done nothing but improve on his showing. So, sometimes, prospects can and should get called up. :laugh:

But it's hard to evaluate them if they never play.

Reactions: wgknestrick

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lol…Sheary and Sprong getting prominent top six billing…count on one or both to score….

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Probably no hints at any line changes before the game, unless it's a full morning skate tomorrow.

Today is an optional skate practice. Not surprising, given even Sullivan has mentioned the workload of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad