Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Caps: didn’t show up at the start and lost it

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
To be fair Puustinen missed some of the 1st or 2nd due to the high stick.

Rakell looked great tonight.

I’d be trying to get rid of Reilly Smith as soon as possible.
Puustinen also took a penalty.

And I'm on board with trading Smith. I liked the acquisition but he just hasn't fit.

Swap him for a power forward or as close to it as you can get.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Unfortunately Carolina and Caps won, Isles are winning, hopefully the Flyers lose…but still, we’re not getting ourselves out of 7th in the Metro…it’s been about 7 weeks now since Thanksgiving and we haven’t moved up the standings because of games like this one…kiss of death tonight…Dubas needs to be on the phone trading Jake and it’s only going to be worse after we lose to the Bruins yet again Thurs lol

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Pens ran out of steam in the 3rd, no juice left whatsoever to push for a tying goal! Want to see more energy from the not old core.

Jeff Carter is last to make a change every fecking time, dude gets stuck on the ice, he is too slow to make it to the bench even.*
Why no timeout to rest our stars at the end? Did I miss us taking it earlier in the game?

Playing Malkin for 2+ minutes straight at the end aint the solution, guy could barely stand up!
Sullivan took the timeout after the third goal in the first period. He used it to give Ned an extra minute to get ready and to Mother F the team a few times. He looked almost purple on the broadcast.

Reactions: Dessloch

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Edit.

Sullivan took the timeout after the third goal in the first period. He used it to give Ned an extra minute to get ready and to Mother F the team a few times. He looked almost purple on the broadcast.

Thanks, that explains it. I took a break immediately when the 3rd went in so missed that. Then I have no complaints about that anymore.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
You had me there.
I usually don't mind him. He's quick with relevant story arcs from the last few games for nearly every player on both teams. You can't accuse him of being unprepared. I'm just tired in general of the overuse of the word "sauce."

It's like the NFL with "pick six." Like, five years ago, that wasn't a thing. Now, whenever there's an interception, whether it's returned for a touchdown or not, every announcer has to mention multiple times how it could have been a "pick six" or was almost a "pick six." Shut up.

Last edited:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Zucker would be about as invisible as Smith tbh.

Not because he sucks but because he'd be hurt :laugh:

Reactions: Al Smith

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lol…what moral? You lost a f**king game…how about saying the coaching didn’t have its best either? The team no-showed in the first and that’s on you…the PP sucks, our Dmen look lost and that’s on you

Mike Sullivan: "I didn't think Jars had his best, but I didn’t think the team had its best either early in the game. For me, that's the moral of the story."

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I dunno why it has to be either/or ? Jarry sucked ass, and so did the Pens. It happens
Because the penguins sucking ass in front of him caused the other. It wasn’t the other way around like so many here want to make it seem after years of seeing Fleury do that, not all are Fleury in those first few years.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Zucker would be about as invisible as Smith tbh.

Not because he sucks but because he'd be hurt :laugh:
He sure didn't look hurt last Wednesday when the Yotes rallied down 0-4 to beat the Avs 5-4 in OT. Zuck was Zuck, playing like a Tazmanian Devil, one goal, nice assist on the GW goal, +3. At least Zuck had a pulse and you knew he cared.

With it being all over, I suppose we got at best, one healthy year out of the dude. Makes committing hard when as strapped as the Pens. Expected more from Smith, though, disappointing, but not Graves-disappointing.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Zucker was relatively healthy here outside of a reoccurring injury one season.
I mean he played 38/56 games in 2020 and 41/82 games in 2021. Did manage to put together a mostly healthy campaign his last season here.

I loved the guy, but I'm not unhappy that the Pens didn't commit to him if only because this team felt stale as f*** last year and I was all for some change. I wish they'd done better than Reilly Smith though.

And ofc wish Sully had gotten shitcanned but that's neither here nor there

Smasher

Jan 25, 2012
Finland
nemecic.bandcamp.com
-Piss poor defense in the 1st
-Rust was a non-factor, but this was to be expected
-I would have prefererred a loss against the Blues and a win against the Caps

For the first time in like two seasons I didn't turn the game off even after they went down 4-0. The Caps would be bottom dwellers if it weren't for their goalie.

We have BOS, BUF, PHI, VAN, CAR, SEA coming up. That is a tough stretch (minus Buffalo). Losing this one really stings.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I always find it strange that Sid, Geno, Letang etc… are never above criticism, but every random, replacement level pile of shit goalie we have has a group of nut huggers who just considers them sacred for some unknown f***ing reason.

Every time Jarry puts up a sub 850 save percentage we have to go through some Einsteinian explanation as to why it’s not his fault, when we have a century’s worth of data to suggest that a good goalie is, in fact, allowed to cover up for bad play.

Basically all of the nut huggers are, in my mind, just admitting that Jarry is not good enough to make stops when the defence falters.

So okay, I got it now. This wasn’t on Jarry. He’s not good enough. We can’t afford any breakdowns when he’s in the game. Every goal against is someone else’s fault, because he’s too physically and mentally weak to make big saves regularly. That’s what your posts defending him are saying. Understood. Thanks for clearing it up.

Reactions: Andy99

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Dont forget that the Caps gained momentum to dominate the 1st period from Jarrys 1st goal gift to the Caps, who came in mentally fragile and without confidence, its not only the results on the score board it gives the other teams extra energy as well!

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Speaking of Zucker, he got tossed for boarding Cousins after Cousins jumped into a hit on a Coyote who was literally on their knees on the ice.

Naturally, Cousins got 0 plm for trying to behead a kneeling player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad