Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs. Caps - Caps get to watch us raise another banner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
May as well share here, too:

slyz45x.png

:laugh:

MSPaint Arena.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Fifty years, four banners. One every 12.5 years on average. I wonder how many teams are better than that, especially since the league expanded beyond the original half dozen teams in 1967.

I certainly get why so many hate us.

All those banners is such a relatively short time, some of the best to every play the game in Mario, Jagr, Crosby, Malkin. What a great era to have been alive in Pittsburgh and be a hockey fan.

I almost hate us as well in sympathy for fans of some other franchises.

There's also an element of contempt from those in larger cities (including every original six city) who seem to think that smaller markets aren't deserving of such riches.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I need Penguins success in my life, since my football team is the Jets, my baseball team moved away a decade ago and my potential second-favorite hockey team (Quebec Nordiques) is still not back in the NHL from its long hiatus.

Gotta have checks and balances. Every city seems to have a successful franchise (relatively speaking), and a bad franchise.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
LOL.

Click the twitter link. Someone from Montreal had to post all their banners.

Not that it isn't impressive, but until 1967 when they won most of these they had a 1 in 6 chance every year. And for the first decade or so after the expansion they basically controlled the Quebec pipeline. They haven't won one in a quarter century.

Again, not that they shouldn't be proud, they are like the Yankees in baseball. But what they accomplished in no way diminishes what the Pens have done in a relatively short time.

Any time the league expands it becomes more impressive to win, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad