Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs. Caps - Caps get to watch us raise another banner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
5-1 Caps. Fleury allows 5 on 23 shots...all in 2 periods and our new waiver goalie starts the 3rd. Ovechkin 3 goals 2 assists.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
5-1 Caps. Fleury allows 5 on 23 shots...all in 2 periods and our new waiver goalie starts the 3rd. Ovechkin 3 goals 2 assists.

for real fleury is going to be a big problem imo he feels pressured and it shows in a preseason game let alone a real one with murray back any day

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Yea I'd bet Washington plays harder in this game than we do. I wouldn't be happy watching us raise another Cup banner.

Should be a good game though. Always are with the Caps.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
But at what cost?

At what cost? :sarcasm:

It's like the chocolate cake in the Battle of the Bulge movie. If we have the resources to play Rust on the 4th line...

On a related note, what if Geno and Wilson tear it up this year? Man, that will a worse matchup nightmare than last year's postseason.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Yea I'd bet Washington plays harder in this game than we do. I wouldn't be happy watching us raise another Cup banner.

Should be a good game though. Always are with the Caps.

They'll probably raise another meaningless banner if they beat the Penguins tomorrow night.

And seriously, some of you are reacting worse than the most yinzerish of Steeler fans do when they lose a preseason game. You think losing the last two preseason games has any bearing on how the season is going to play out? Defending Stanley Cup Champions don't have much to play for in the preseason.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
May as well share here, too:

slyz45x.png

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's going to be great to see the team implode and MAF **** the bed tomorrow and let in a bunch of softies, but then we'll hear about what a great teammate and locker room guy he is... :shakehead

I'm calling a Fleury shutout. The opposite of what everyone expects always happens with this club.

That also means Kunitz probably gets a star after a 2-goal effort. :laugh:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I'm calling a Fleury shutout. The opposite of what everyone expects always happens with this club.

That also means Kunitz probably gets a star after a 2-goal effort. :laugh:

MAF shutout and an empty net goal to put the game away 2-0. :yo:

And then people will still be angry at him for not scoring both goals. :sarcasm:

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009

It's the regular season - Fleury allows 1 and the Pens scratch out a 2-1 win.

And then suddenly everyone thinks Pittsburgh should sell high on Murray.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
Sestito might not bring much but what little he does bring is something nobody else on the team has. He strikes me as a good teammate and even if he doesn't play everyone else seems to like his presence.

They might be playing Sestito so turd Tom Wilson doesn't run rampant with knee-on-knee hits

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
"First shot Fleury" is going to make an appearance, and I guarantee Oven-chicken scores a PP goal from....guess where? while MAF does his patented left "shoulder shrug" save effort.

Letang Melty-down ensues.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Fifty years, four banners. One every 12.5 years on average. I wonder how many teams are better than that, especially since the league expanded beyond the original half dozen teams in 1967.

I certainly get why so many hate us.

All those banners is such a relatively short time, some of the best to every play the game in Mario, Jagr, Crosby, Malkin. What a great era to have been alive in Pittsburgh and be a hockey fan.

I almost hate us as well in sympathy for fans of some other franchises.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I loved the old banners. I actually had a replica of them when i was a kid. They were like a little flag wooden stick with the 3 banners coming down. I loved it.

Do not like the banners.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
LOL.

Click the twitter link. Someone from Montreal had to post all their banners.

Not that it isn't impressive, but until 1967 when they won most of these they had a 1 in 6 chance every year. And for the first decade or so after the expansion they basically controlled the Quebec pipeline. They haven't won one in a quarter century.

Again, not that they shouldn't be proud, they are like the Yankees in baseball. But what they accomplished in no way diminishes what the Pens have done in a relatively short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->