Post-Game Talk: Pens vs. Caps, 4-1. Jarry, get ready to learn Arizonan, buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Not even specific to our conversations on this board, but in general...people far too often distill player (and coaching) evaluation to simplistic black-and-white arguments, when in most cases they decidedly are not.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The resurgence is gonna make the inevitable falling just short of the finish line that much more hilarious. The Bills fan in me can't wait--feels like home. :laugh:
i don't think there's any reason to get too emotional about the remaining games. All of my emotions are centered around the fact that we've known all year that, on paper, this team is good enough to be 3rd in the metro, AT WORST. The fact that we're in this position is not so much about a failure in team building, but a failure in... team management (behind the bench).

It's basically just a validation for everything many of us here have said.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I just want the team to nuke the coaching staff. Not because I think that'll fix things, but because these dorks deploy a lame style and I definitely do not want ol' Sully and Todd in charge of the next crop of premiere prospects' games.

I would've been happy with them bombing out and ending up with a top-5 pick, because that'd put a ton of pressure to replace Sully (and get a cool prospect). I'm fine with handing SJ a like 14th overall though and taking the decision out of this team's hands too. Definitely not optimistic about next year, so having that pick without lotto protection is sketch as f***.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Lyon did the same thing for Florida last year and got nothing.
As you can surmise from the user name--big fan of Ned.

That being said, if the Pens make the playoffs, Ned's value should be much higher than Lyon's after last season.

Lyon had a great April 4-1-1, 1.83, .946. And he won the last two games of March and the first four in April. However, the games were against TOR/MTL/CBJ/BUF/OTT/WSH. Only one playoff team.

If Pens make it, Ned would have played 13 straight games--which would include victories against NYR, CAR, and three of TBL/TOR/BOS/NSH. His record will be something like 20-7-6. Ned also had a great run as a rookie, the only time he played in front of a solid D. While his one season as the 1A didn't produce great numbers, Detroit was hardly a goalie-friendly team in 21-22.

Ned definitely won't be a bona fide No. 1 hitting UFA, but he will be substantially more valuable than Lyon was this past off season.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
Thinking about putting every dollar I have on the Isles for that game. Will be shocked if the Pens clutch up and make the playoffs.

This has been my betting philosophy since it became legal in Ontario, but I usually wait to see if they take a lead in the first before betting against them.

Betting against the Pens when they have the lead and betting on the Oilers when they're trailing after the first has treated me well the last two years lol.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
that's good then, it's better for the Penguins. I still don't see Jarry fetching anything close to a great return, and since no one in the system is close to ready to starting in the NHL, i don't think they'll move him and try to find a 1b in the UFA market
in jr i trust. he let us down once already, so he owes us one. :nod:

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
The next game is an afternoon one and Ned has already played 3 in 4 nights. As much as I don't like rolling the dice with Jarry in April, Ned will need a breather very soon.

Ned will need to be a professional and tell them he's wearing down. But he absolutely must get the nod for the remainder of the games.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
The goalie crop this year is pretty pathetic. Could see a team giving ned 3m x 2 or something like that

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm not real concerned with risk considering there's a very real chance this team won't see the playoffs again with Sid still playing. :laugh: f*** it, send it.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Another game where Karl doesn't get a plus on a goal despite getting an assist. That happened like four or five times last season. Would it be that hard for the NHL to add a 6th plus when that happens?

Also, is there a reason the LD change for the RD? On that goal EK came off but Shea came on (who was credited with the plus beside Pettersson). We'll see a shift every game where Joseph has come off but EK jumps over so he and Letang are in the d-zone waiting for an exit together.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Another game where Karl doesn't get a plus on a goal despite getting an assist. That happened like four or five times last season. Would it be that hard for the NHL to add a 6th plus when that happens?

Also, is there a reason the LD change for the RD? On that goal EK came off but Shea came on (who was credited with the plus beside Pettersson). We'll see a shift every game where Joseph has come off but EK jumps over so he and Letang are in the d-zone waiting for an exit together.
lol...you really track this closely, believe or not for the last several season, I tracked Geno's +/- and high perecntage of minuses, and I mean crazy high happened when he steps on ice, does not even get to the center line and we got scored on. It was like some kind of magic thing. Totally reversed this year though....anyways, since you know how EK breaths, can you help me understand why he forgets how to play hockey the second he steps on PP. I love EK and he is a differnce maker and his 5 on 5 game is somewhat underupreciated in these circles, but what's wrong with him on PP. The guy with so much skill and seemingly high Hockey IQ looks awful on PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad