Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs. Canes 7pm tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Excited for tonight's game.. I'll be attending.

I predict a 4-2 Pens victory with a goal from Kessel

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I guess Pouliot is still in the press box? Cant believe Schultz somehow was just handed the 1st PP spot when malkin went down. I think Pouliot would thrive there.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I guess Pouliot is still in the press box? Cant believe Schultz somehow was just handed the 1st PP spot when malkin went down. I think Pouliot would thrive there.

Schultz has played well, and so has Cole for that matter, but Pouliot deserves time. It also sounds like the organization wants to get Lovejoy back on the ice too.

I'm not sure how they make this work next year. They'll try to keep Schultz if he keeps playing like this, and everyone seems to agree that a Pouliot - Schultz combo is too much of a glass cannon to work, so how do you get both ice time? The only solution I see is to move Daley and elevate Schultz, but how can you justify moving Daley with the season he has had? You don't break up the second pair to make the 3rd work properly.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Schultz has played well, and so has Cole for that matter, but Pouliot deserves time. It also sounds like the organization wants to get Lovejoy back on the ice too.

I'm not sure how they make this work next year. They'll try to keep Schultz if he keeps playing like this, and everyone seems to agree that a Pouliot - Schultz combo is too much of a glass cannon to work, so how do you get both ice time? The only solution I see is to move Daley and elevate Schultz, but how can you justify moving Daley with the season he has had? You don't break up the second pair to make the 3rd work properly.

My happiest moment this year was when I realized that Daley still had another year left on his deal.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Yeah...he's ****ing over my fantasy team

Just like Geno's screwing over mine. :laugh:

Likely Carolina lines tonight:

#42 Nordstrom - #11 Staal(A) - #16 Lindholm
#53 Skinner - #49 Rask - #34 Di Giuseppe
#25 Terry - #20 Nash - #14 Gerbe
#24 Malone - #18 McClement - #48 Sutter

#74 Slavin - #65 Hainsey(A)
#5 Hanifin - #54 Pesce
#47 Jordan - #7 Murphy

#31 Lack
#30 Ward

I've no earthly idea who to cheer for thanks to the new scheduling. Usually I go for the Pens and Canes to split the season series, but with this being their 5th game AND both teams needing the win...what do I do? Maybe check with this lady and see if I can borrow it for the game?

ept_sports_nhl_experts-714967539-1239250832.jpg

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
They've got to get Pouliot back in there at some point. Schultz has looked fine but Cole is way too mediocre to justify benching a player who was coming on as strong as Pouliot was.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Seeing Kunitz starting on that first line never gets old, does it?

He looked like an NHL skater for a few stretches the other night, so I don't expect much effort from for the next few games.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
So no BB again? Knowing this team, they'll bring him back for the Caps game and he'll get rocked again.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Oh man, I never get to see the root pregame. That was magical.
"To anyone named Schultz anywhere <bug eyes>"

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Seeing Kunitz starting on that first line never gets old, does it?

He looked like an NHL skater for a few stretches the other night, so I don't expect much effort from for the next few games.

Yeah, he's clearly saving himself for the important games. The other day he actually completed some passes, so tonight he will have to fumble pucks like crazy to make up for it.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I would have brought Pouliot in for tonight, Canes not a big a challenge this week and prepares the D who comes out more.

Glad they played Murray though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad