Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs. Canes 7pm tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Another great day for hockey on the final stretch to the postseason! Big game. At home against a team who actually is playing teams tough as of late. Must-win going into the weekend.

Let's do this.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Have to win this one. Would feel a lot better going into the weekend without having to be playing for our lives

Smasher

Jan 25, 2012
Finland
nemecic.bandcamp.com
I hope we take care of business since Chicago and Anaheim couldn't. A loss here and the Flyers can catch us on Saturday. If we can keep playing like we have and finish a bit better we should be fine.

SeventyOne

"71" & "Kuhnhackl"
Mar 30, 2009
Wheeling, WV
Excited for this one. First game I'm going to in 2 years. Got today off, so headed up here shortly to partake in some St. Patrick's Day festivities :D

Last edited:

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
I feel all the optimism, and I like it! It's been a while since this board showed positivity like this, and I have to say, it's quite refreshing. Go Pens!

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Absolute must win. Need to come out like we are playing Rangers, or whoever. Avoid another Calgary debacle.

Penguinzilla*

Let's win, we have to avoid the Caps. I'd love to see Flyers/Caps first round matchup. I don't want to play the Panthers, I'm afraid I'll end up hating Jagr.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I want to see Sid put up like 4 or 5 points tonight. He's been playing well and consistently picking up one to two points per game for the past few weeks, but he's due for a really dominant showing.

Is Bennett going to be in? Curious to see how he'll do.

I think the Pens' best playoff matchup would be vs the Lightning or Panthers. The Pens always show up against Tampa and the Panthers are not as good as their record suggests. Although they do seem to be cursed vs Jagr in the playoffs - or was that just a Bylsma thing ?;)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Seems like the Canes have been playing much better of late. 6 games in march. 1 win in regulation and 5 OT games. Against the likes of Washington and Boston, too.

Not an easy one tonight.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Yet another must win, can't lose against this team right now.

I want to see Sid put up like 4 or 5 points tonight. He's been playing well and consistently picking up one to two points per game for the past few weeks, but he's due for a really dominant showing.

Last game was close to being that kind of performance. Looks really fast and engaged, but some poor decisions and bad luck held him back.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I honestly don't know how the Canes are doing it though. Last game, against the Caps, their defense was basically all rookies:

Slavin-Pesce
Hanifin-Murphy
Carrick-Jordan

The only guy on there with > 82 games of experience is Murphy (at 113 games), and he's been in the AHL most of the season.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Love how Bonino didn't feel the need to show up to the optional skate considering he handed the Isles a point.

Penguinsyay

Jul 20, 2007
Being a North Carolina resident, I like to cheer for the Canes and really hope they make it into the playoffs somehow....but I don't want them to get in at the Pens expense! Every point is so important now.

JakeNBake59

WizardofFire
Feb 20, 2016
Crosby's back yard
if you want to lament fantasy hockey teams... I have a keeper league where I have Sharp, Little and Demers all with status out, cant drop them because I plan on retaining them for next year, cant add them to IR, just have to carry them. Its a miracle Im winning my matchup :laugh: especially with Luongo and Vasilevsky both losing to start the week off

Another team also lost Sharp, Malkin and Halak

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008

Is Bennett going to be in? Curious to see how he'll do.

I think the Pens' best playoff matchup would be vs the Lightning or Panthers. The Pens always show up against Tampa and the Panthers are not as good as their record suggests. Although they do seem to be cursed vs Jagr in the playoffs - or was that just a Bylsma thing ?;)

Bylsma thing. Marian Hossa broke Jagr's little heart in 08.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad