Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs Canes | 1:00 AM CEST (7:00 PM ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
Pens vs. Canes... aka. the game where all the Pittsburgh media try and justify the "Sutter is a better fit for Pittsburgh" theory. No way we should have sent Staal to Carolina in return for Sutter. I guess neither team really made out though, Staal has been half of what he was in Pittsburgh since joining the Canes. I guess Staal was a third line center, contrary to popular belief. Unfortunately for Pittsburgh Sutter would be a good 4th line center.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I dunno, but cap space could be a reason why Despres isn't playing right now.

I would think pens would need Despres in WB to make the cap work so Letang can play.

If Despres would get injured pens would be stuck with Despres salary counting against the cap.

Wow Dan, really?

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Pens vs. Canes... aka. the game where all the Pittsburgh media try and justify the "Sutter is a better fit for Pittsburgh" theory. No way we should have sent Staal to Carolina in return for Sutter. I guess neither team really made out though, Staal has been half of what he was in Pittsburgh since joining the Canes. I guess Staal was a third line center, contrary to popular belief. Unfortunately Sutter would be a good 4th line center.

I think Sutter, 8th overall, and Dumoulin is pretty good instead of watching him sign with Carolina in the off season for free. But for the record, I think Sutter is made of "meh." A bunch of "mehs" got together and put on a man suit that is now Brandon Sutter.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Pens vs. Canes... aka. the game where all the Pittsburgh media try and justify the "Sutter is a better fit for Pittsburgh" theory. No way we should have sent Staal to Carolina in return for Sutter. I guess neither team really made out though, Staal has been half of what he was in Pittsburgh since joining the Canes. I guess Staal was a third line center, contrary to popular belief. Unfortunately for Pittsburgh Sutter would be a good 4th line center.

Except we got more than Sutter.

I think Sutter, 8th overall, and Dumoulin is pretty good instead of watching him sign with Carolina in the off season for free. But for the record, I think Sutter is made of "meh." A bunch of "mehs" got together and put on a man suit that is now Brandon Sutter.

I think that's very well said.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't know for sure, i'm really just guessing.

As far as the sending Despres to WB, pens need to keep 7 def on the roster, as soon as Martin is able to play Despres will be sent to WB.

There is no rule that you need to keep 7 D on the roster. Everything you are saying is asinine. It defies all logic and reason. You're wrong.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I dunno, but cap space could be a reason why Despres isn't playing right now.

I would think pens would need Despres in WB to make the cap work so Letang can play.

If Despres would get injured pens would be stuck with Despres salary counting against the cap.

Right, it's okay to say he's ****ing it up, that doesn't make you any less of an apologist. RRP has a limit with Bylsma, it's okay.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Right, it's okay to say he's ****ing it up, that doesn't make you any less of an apologist. RRP has a limit with Bylsma, it's okay.

The thing is im not defending DB, im just giving reasons why he might not be playing.

If it was up to me i'd have Despres playing over every def on this team right now, i wanna see the top 6 def get some rest.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Every team has 7 def on there roster.

That's like saying there isn't a rule that a team has to carry 2 goal tenders.

I don't know why I bother with you. You are the one with some crazy theory that Dan is intentionally sitting Despres in the event that Letang returns and they need to send Despres down.

Never mind DB's history of yo-yoing Despres all over the place. Nope, it must be because he's afraid Despres will get injured.

It's okay to be positive about DB without making **** up.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The thing is im not defending DB, im just giving reasons why he might not be playing.

If it was up to me i'd have Despres playing over every def on this team right now, i wanna see the top 6 def get some rest.

It wasn't a good reason, it comes off as making excuses for more of the same crap. This isn't a logical thing, it's just Bylsma being Bylsma, like when he refuses to sit Gladams. There isn't a good reason for it.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I don't know why I bother with you. You are the one with some crazy theory that Dan is intentionally sitting Despres in the event that Letang returns and they need to send Despres down.

Never mind DB's history of yo-yoing Despres all over the place. Nope, it must be because he's afraid Despres will get injured.

It's okay to be positive about DB without making **** up.

:laugh:

I think i have a way of trolling people even though im not trying to.

I never said this is why Despres isn't playing tonight, i said its a guess.

If there a way the pens can fit Letang's contract without sending Despres to WB?

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
It wasn't a good reason, it comes off as making excuses for more of the same crap. This isn't a logical thing, it's just Bylsma being Bylsma, like when he refuses to sit Gladams. There isn't a good reason for it.

I'l ask you the same thing i asked Shady.

Is there a way the pens can fit Letang's contract without sending Despres to WB?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'l ask you the same thing i asked Shady.

Is there a way the pens can fit Letang's contract without sending Despres to WB?

You send Despres down when Letang comes back, that doesn't mean he sits on his ass the whole time. Or you know, waive Glass and/or Pyatt. Someone else will probably go on LTIR anyway, it's the Pens.

Fordy

May 28, 2008

If there a way the pens can fit Letang's contract without sending Despres to WB?

why guess? you're not even guessing, you're making up fantastical situations that if they made sense or possibly existed are still absurd and twisted reasons for sitting someone, and i can't imagine what is motivating you to keep making them up. and it's annoying

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
You send Despres down when Letang comes back, that doesn't mean he sits on his ass the whole time. Or you know, waive Glass and/or Pyatt. Someone else will probably go on LTIR anyway, it's the Pens.

I would like to see the pens keep Despres up and give Nisky Orpik Maatta a game or two off before the playoffs.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
orpik does not deserve a game off. on the off-chance he can be injured he should play every game

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I would like to see the pens keep Despres up and give Nisky Orpik Maatta a game or two off before the playoffs.

That probably won't happen even if they could make it work, they could do that now using Despres. Letang coming back is also not a guarantee.

Actually, they could do it with Letang being back and Despres going down. Martin plays and Engelland and Bortuzzo replace them. Orpik is so lazy he doesn't need a game off, Martin will be back to carrying him properly anyway.

Orpik - Martin (the poor *******)
Scuderi - Letang
Engelland - Bortuzzo

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
why guess? you're not even guessing, you're making up fantastical situations that if they made sense or possibly existed are still absurd and twisted reasons for sitting someone, and i can't imagine what is motivating you to keep making them up. and it's annoying

If somebody told me a way the pens could bring back Letang without sending Despres to WB besides waiving players that we all know aren't going to be waived i could see where i was wrong.

The only way i could possibly see it working would be if Calgary retained some of Stemp salary that we don't know about.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Yes. Malkin, Evgeni.

penguins2946*

I think Despres will be sent down as soon as Martin comes back tbh. It's sad, he should be in full time. At this point, I'd rather package him for an upgrade at wing, namely Kesler (I've become obsessed with him since the deadline). He's never going to get a chance here, so we might as well move him. I'd obviously rather play him, but at this point, it doesn't seem likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad