Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs Canes | 1:00 AM CEST (7:00 PM ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
Alright, here's the agenda for today:

First of all, hyvää syntymäpäivää to Jussi (everybody read this out loud, please).

Second, no April fool's jokes in this thread.

Third, the opponent. Carolina is coming off a 2-1 shootout loss against Ottawa and has employed the Bylsma tactic today (which means they cancelled the pregame skate). This will complicate speculating about who's playing tonight but they attempted to level the playing field injury-wise yesterday as Tlusty and Loktionov, who were both skating with Eric Staal on the first line, went down around the second intermission and can be seen as questionable for today.
No Penguin is expected to return from injury so there is no need for someone else to get injured immediately. However, Martin said he could be back Thursday or at least for the weekend, so there will most likely be a devastating injury to one of the defensemen during the next games, most likely on Thursday though.

Fourth (I don't think this is actually how you iterate through an agenda in English, but anyway...), Sid is one point away from 100 points, 3 points away from his 3rd best and 4 points away from his 2nd best NHL season so far. He is also currently tied for his 3rd best season goal scoring-wise and 3 more away from his second best. He also leads the scoring race by 16 points, which is 4 points shy of the biggest Art Ross lead in the post-Gretzky era.

We are also riding a six game winning streak against Carolina and I have an oddly good feeling about tonight.

That is all for now.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Simon Despres will play!

Sorry, just saw the no April Fool's joke thing.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Let's set that tone early... Absolutely 0 tolerance on April Fools Jokes.

You used to be more fun, Cole.

Remember that summer we spent together in Paris? The night under the Eiffel Tower?

Where has that Cole gone? Can I get him back?

Where is he now, when I need him most?

But I won't cry for yesterday

There's an ordinary world

Somehow I have to find

And as I try to make my way

To the ordinary world

I will learn to survive

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Looking forward to Glass and Adams being hemmed in their own end on every shift.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
With the win don't we clinch the division too?

True, true.

If we get two points, we clinch no matter what.
If we get one point, we still clinch unless Philly gets a ROW.
If we get zero points, we still clinch if Philly gets zero as well.

ds246pit

Dec 21, 2006
True, true.

If we get two points, we clinch no matter what.
If we get one point, we still clinch unless Philly gets a ROW.
If we get zero points, we still clinch if Philly gets zero as well.

Great, then since we aren't catching Boston for the #1 overall lets:

1) Get 2 points

2) Get Sid 1 point

3) Start resting the boys for the playoffs. As much as i'd love Sid to get to 110 i'd rather see him as close to 100% rested and healthy for the playoffs.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
#Pens D combinations at morning skate: Orpik-Bortuzzo Niskanen-Maatta Scuderi-Engelland Despres-Letang

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
No Penguin is expected to return from injury so there is no need for someone else to get injured immediately. However, Martin said he could be back Thursday or at least for the weekend, so there will most likely be a devastating injury to one of the defensemen during the next games, most likely on Thursday though.

^^^ This was my favourite part of the post. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad